Fans Hurl Flares Onto Soccer Field

That was a shame. It will be interesting to see if they punish Milan in similar fashion as they did to Roma in the first round by banning fans. Granted, Inter was the home team but I'm sure the supporters were pretty even numbered considering both teams use the same stadium. Of course, it was probably the Inter fans who did it in repsonse to the disallowed gaol. Truly a shame. They need to start searching people before they enter and not let them bring flares anymore. It's getting ridiculous.

I just wanna know who the hell says "Come on guys were going to the soccer match...oh don't forget the flares either!!"

wow, that is pretty messed up. thats a lot of flares too, had to have been some organized thing, which you think would have caught someones attention.

Another reason the match was stopped is because Dida, the starting and best goalkepper for AC Milan was hit by an object/flare. There is a 95% chance that the game will stand and/or maybe they will give each team a goal to make up for the lost time, which means Milan will still win on aggregate. They probably won't make them play another game simply because at 73min, Inter needed 4 goals to go through to the semi-finals and it wouldn't be fair to replay another game when Inter only had 17+min left to score those 4 goals. I like that photo as well...

By the way, if you live in Canada and want to see this match; tune in @ 12:00AM EST tonight on TSN (CH30 on Cable). I am going to :)

Yeah, I saw the highlights, after the live Chelsea game, here in London, England. Inter definitely need some sort of sanction for basically getting to the stage where fans are completely allowed to bring in flares into matches. It was just asking for trouble, really. The thing is if it had been an English team who did that, they would've been thrown out of the competition straight away.

Had this happened at a football game....you wouldn't hear the end of it about lack of security et al.

Course....football fans outside of Philly aren't that nuts.

585769303[/snapback]

:rofl: In Philly they just wait til after the game and shoot you along with your family :pinch: jk :)

I just wanna know who the hell says "Come on guys were going to the soccer match...oh don't forget the flares either!!"

585767377[/snapback]

One guy to another:

soccer jersey-check

beer-check

face paint-check

banners-check

flares-check

Let's go!

LOL

Uefa may kick Inter out of Europe

Uefa will decide on Friday what action to take after crowd trouble forced the Champions League quarter-final between AC and Inter Milan to be abandoned.

Inter could become the first club to be kicked out of the Champions League after burning flares were thrown on the pitch - one hitting AC Milan's Dida.

Thats quite harsh but what else can they do, I hope the Liverpool - Juventus game is ok

:rofl: In Philly they just wait til after the game and shoot you along with your family  :pinch: jk :)

585769494[/snapback]

We prefer beer bottles, snowballs, and batteries as our weapons of choice, thank you. Perhaps flares should be used this upcoming season.