BIG BIG BIG problem

ok first lemme give u my parts

Linksys BEFSR11

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.as...rid=23&prid=142

Netgear 16port hub.. might be 24

http://www.netgear.com/product_view.asp?xr...=2&yrp=6&zrp=70

and i got a toshiba cable modem..

http://www.toshiba.com/taisnpd/products/pcx1100u.html

i have my modem hooked into the router by ethernet and the router outgoing port into port one of my hub

i have the rest of the computer in the ports in the hub..

i have about 10 computers

everynow and then for no reason at all my internet will go down and i will have to reset my router. This is very agitating..

i have the latest firmware.. no light indicate a problem

Roadrunner will not help me because i am operating with a router..

linksys couldn't figure out what was wrong..

oh whoops.. i forgot to say whats wrong

the internet/LAN goes down a lot for no reason at all.. i have to manually either press the reset button or unplug the router for some seconds then turn it back on ..

Could be your power supply...routers & switches are especially sensitive to spikes.

If you don't have it plugged into a UPS i would try that.

unplug other puters, and just connect a single puter to cable modem. see if that prblm still exist. if it does then it's either comething w/ cable modem or your line..otherwise it's something on your network.

I had similar problems with a different router, I just set up IAS on one of the computers and turned it into a router/proxy and it works great now, faster too because of caching-- sure is nice when you are updating a few machines, they just retrieve the file from the IAS server's cache, and TrendMicro has an IAS virus scan, nice combination no problems so far.

i know its not the power.. i do have UPS's..

my father will not allow me to setup a Gateway on one of the computers to have two NIC's in one computer or IAS as u called it

i know the modem works because i have had it in a computer and only that computer before..

Originally posted by JnCoKiLLa

that probally happing becasue the cable people are a$$holes there doing that because they can and they want too........cablevision suxs.......

well satilite is slower and so is dsl..

any other alternitives? that arent more then 40$ US a month?

If your ISP didn't give you a static IP address, it's possible that the router (for whatever reason) is unable to renew it's address through DHCP. I seem to remember experiencing similiar problems with my BEFSR41.

As for the LAN going down, it almost sounds like an IP address conflict.

• 2 weeks later...