[Snooker] World Championships 2005

Another year, another Championship. I hope they don't switch venues like they were planning, I still have to see some matches at The Crucible.

For Updates see: BBC Snooker

What a fantastic opening match yesterday. Shocked O'Sullivan came back but what do you expect from the world number one. Great to see Hunter also playing well.

Where's Ding Jun Hui. Shocked to see he is not playing

World number one Ronnie O'Sullivan produced a sensational recovery to defeat Stephen Maguire 10-9 in the first round at The Crucible.

Resuming 5-4 ahead, O'Sullivan opened up with a 96 to extend his lead.

O'Sullivan's excellence seemed to bring out the best in Maguire and the Scot won four straight frames on his way to a 9-7 advantage.

Under pressure, O'Sullivan showed nerves of steel to level at 9-9 and a 68 break sealed a brilliant win.

The Billiardrome

I have always loved snooker, and always follow Ronnie O'Sullivan.  This years tournament looks like its going to be a cracker, shame about hunter though.

585793376[/snapback]

Interesting Billiardrome....Would be good to keep it in Sheffield..Could never see it anywhere else but there....

Shame hunter went out...I can understand why he lost really..mind is elsewhere which is understandable :unsure:

Fantastic 147 by Williams, what a joy to watch. Great tournament so far, at least O'Sullivan is getting challanged unlike last year, Would be great to see him retain though I would like Williams to win it.

Lets see what happens this weekend

just read crucible is keeping the world snooker championships...for next 5 years until they build next venue....good news :)

wtf is snooker?  :huh:

585812714[/snapback]

History of Snooker

On topic, Fantastic to see Davis to win again, great match, 47 years old and he can still play, a true legend. O'Sullivan also won though that was quite a close match.

O'sullivan still the favourite though :)

Couldnt believe davis fought back in that match...great to see him winning :yes:...maybe he wil get a bit further :)

cause snooker was cool back when....o wait, it was never cool.

585818972[/snapback]

Please don't post if you don't like snooker, Its offtopic.

On topic Quarter final draw looks good:

R O'Sullivan (Eng) v P Ebdon (Eng)

S Murphy (Eng) v S Davis (Eng)

S Hendry (Sco) v M Stevens (Wal)

A McManus (Sco) v I McCulloch (Eng)

Great to see Murphy play so well, but I still Ronnie is going to walk away with the title.

Please don't post if you don't like snooker, Its offtopic.

On topic Quarter final draw looks good:

R O'Sullivan (Eng) v P Ebdon (Eng)

S Murphy (Eng) v S Davis (Eng)

S Hendry (Sco) v M Stevens (Wal)

A McManus (Sco) v I McCulloch (Eng)

Great to see Murphy play so well, but I still Ronnie is going to walk away with the title.

585833126[/snapback]

Davis is on verge of going out :no: ...I want ronnie to win the world title :)

Sean Murphy wins!!

Well done to the qualifier at 150/1......... :yes:

Awesome snooker final.....best for a few years.............. :)

Congrats to the brilliant Shaun Murphy. It was probably the longest final i've ever seen. 3 frames I think were over 30 mins.