Scott Gomez career ending injury

did anyone hear about gomez getting hurt? apparently he was playing an AHL game, was hit from behind, and somehow ended up with a broken pelvis, most likely ending his career.

i just heard this on the news, but can't find anything about it anywhere. they only had a clip of him laying sprawled on the ice.

this is really really sad news, he was such a young star.

Wow, that sucks.

I'm having trouble finding it anywhere, too. If it just happened, give the internet a few minutes to catch up ;-)

I guess i'll turn on ESPN or something.

well i really hope it's not career ending. i guess my local news station was going for the "drama" approach, because that's what they said. here's to a full recovery.

If the NHL wasn't on strike, then this would never happened. :no: :angry: :argh:

I hope he makes a full recovery. He's one of the best players on the Devils.

The player that hit him, Ashlee Langdone, is suspended for only one game.

"In five professional seasons, the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Langdone has carved out a reputation as a fighter and has accumulated an astounding 1,534 penalty minutes in just 246 pro games."

wow, what a thug, 1 game is just unacceptable.

read this article:

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...tPostID=8860282

you know, i would sorry that he is hurt, but he shouldn't have been playing anyways. he was just taking a job away from someone who really needed it, i guess karma is a b!tch

you know, i would sorry that he is hurt, but he shouldn't have been playing anyways. he was just taking a job away from someone who really needed it, i guess karma is a b!tch

585795673[/snapback]

interesting opinion. thats the first time i've heard it looked at like that. the whole vibe i've gotten from all the articles i've read is that "he is being a good sport by playing for only $500 per week in front of his hometown fans, who are all excited to see him".

It is called the right to work, regardless. Hitting someone from behind, into an open bench is like stepping on someones balls in soccer, or eye gauging in football. There are some things in sport that you just dont do..

Ill tell you from experience, getting hit from behind is by far the worst and cheapest way to hit someone. I never did it when I played and I got hit from behind plenty of times and a few made me get concussions 2 were major concussions that I had to go to hospital. Another time I broke my funny bone off my left elbow because I tried to stop myself from hitting the glass and my arm twisted and snapped off the bone. He should have got a minimal of 10 games for that cheap crap

yea I got messed up really bad in midget. I got hit from behind while getting hooked and the blade ripped my abs on my left side and ruptured my spleen. no fun in that no respect either.

585795673[/snapback]

i feel the same way too. its unfortunate he got hurt and you never wish that, but i wish the NHL players would stay out of the minor leagues. there's guys that arent playing now cause someone in the NHL wanted to. the $500 a week the NHL guys are getting, whether they are donating it to charity or not, is the same $500 a guy is not getting that normally feeds his family cause he no longer has a roster spot.

its nice you want to play in front of your hometown fans and all but these guys make millions of dollars and can easily put together charity events and games with other NHL players if they want to play so bad.