Zone Alarm and MSN Messenger?

Has anyone else noticed any problems with the latest version of the Zone Alarm Security Suite and MSN Messenger? I downloaded the trial version and ever since I've been having problems trying to sign in to MSN. I've checked my settings in ZA and turned the IM filtering off, but still can't sign in to MSN. I've done a Google search on the problem and get quite a few articles on the issue, but no real fix to the problem. Has anyone else noticed anything and does anyone know of a fix?

Zoom7000

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. It's random. There are times I can sign in to Messenger fine even when Bone Alarm is running. Then there are times I can't sign in to save my life. I thought I had a fix before as I shut down Bone Alarm and was able to sign in. However, I've just come off of a cold start and thought MSN Messenger didn't sign in automagically I was able to sign in via right-clicking the systray icon. It's still a mystery. Perhaps it has to do with signing in using cached credentials (i.e. I'm on a laptop and it is a member of a Win 2003 Server domain) as I don't log in to the domain when I'm away from work and that's when I use MSN Messenger.

I bet you'll find your answer here:

MSN Problemshttp://www.msn-problems.com/

Pertinent to me were issues with Proxy Server settings, antivirus software, and software firewalls. I figured I'd post the above link before I solved my problem as it may take a while for me to figure it out.

Edited by walkerboh2112