Why did you get Windows XP in the first place?

137 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you get Windows XP in the first place?

• Features
    • For the hell of staying updated
    • Visual styles
    • Ease of use

There are various reasons why people get WinXP in the first place. I believe that the main reason for that is the visual styles -- everything is just redundant.

Another question: If M$ releases a "Luna-Pack" (allowing skinning of windows) for older versions of Windows for $40, would you be willing to revert to Win2K or lower?

all i know is right when i first installed xp without downloading any updates, i went to see the new screen savers and stuff in properties, and i got my first xp error :p (cannot open a .dll as an app)

What can I say except that I had Windows Millenium Edition preinstalled with my computer

Not exactly a hard decision to make when it came to upgrading :)

where's the place where i can click "because it was free!!"

Yep! Thats the reason right there. Otherwise I would have stayed on 2k [ME lasted a week before I tossed it]. Well, that was free too so I guess I would have stayed on 98SE - um, that was free as well. If it were not free, I would still be using win98 that came on this horrible packard bell I once owned.

Because it was free. But a more important reason...because I wanted the latest software that it had (latest at that time). For example IE6, WMP8, DX8.1 and so on. Sure it could be downloaded for the other O/S's but this had it all built right in...with the bugs, lol.:cheeky:

? I thought the Luna interface was cool (at the time, now I'm classic)

? I thought it would be faster than my other computer (it's alot slower)

? Paul Thurrott told me he was going to b;) it ;)

No real reason other than it was new and the look was interesting. I find myself using win2k alot more these days however. Most people want the latest and greatest when it arrives i suppose.

I got it cuz It was faster, doesn't crash, better hardware support, better features and of course the look :), overall i've been very happy with Xp :D

i didnt get it.. M$ sent it to me... (just like other stuff that i would have prolly gotten in the middle east in one of those "open-markets" at "discount prices" hehehe

but so far i liked the visual styles... that is before SP1 screwed me over and is now forcing me to use only luna themes... (damn that sp...)

I got XP because I was a sucker, and would have even more so if I had actually purchased it. I used this crap for last 8 months and through the betas, and it just got more lame the whole time. After I decided to turn off the themes service, I came to the conclusion XP is just 2k with more bugs. Im happily back at using Windows 2000 SP2 and anticipating SP3 arrival. Screw XP!