[Linare] Login Manager Problem

I have a problem with Linare. I try to change the login screen to the default and it won't change. I wanted to be able to select a different window manager, but it keeps booting up in KDE. Has anyone run into this problem. It seems like Linare doesn't want me thinking for myself :D How can I fix this?

--Alex

I find that Linare isn't well-supported by their company. They have a forum at linuxtimes.net (formerly linux.net, but it disappeared in a name dispute). The forum isn't very active at all.

Their repositories for their latest release are still not up (as of last week, anyhow) and have never been up near as I can tell.

Anyhow, Linare is just a reskinned Fedora, so some Fedora resources may help (but you cannot use the Fedora repositories, as Linare modified thier distro enough that the FC stuff just won't work).

Yeah, that's the problem. They seem to have modified everything. You can't even change their theme. So, you're stuck using their skin. You can't change window managers no matter how hard you try. Even using the Desktop Switching Tool. You can edit config files, no go. I am completely confused. It's like starting off without anything I am used to having. Is this what newbs feel when they come from Windows?

--Alex

We finally fixed it. My friend just uninstalled the Linare Pro Custom Package, an dit went back to the standard.

--Alex