"The Mouse BT" questions

I'm getting a Mac soon (:D), but I'm not really a fan of the Apple mouse - it's kinda weird for me and lacks alot of features. So I was browsing around the web and found this - it's a two button mouse with a scroll wheel.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used this? Is it any good? Is it worth $70?

I hear from a friend that it works suprisingly well. I remember hearing a rumor somewhere as well that Apple was working on a two-button mouse for the PC-to-Mac switchers. I don't like the idea personally :rofl:

If you are going to spend $70 on a two button mouse with a scroll wheel and dont' mind using it only in your right hand, please get a Logitech MX900 BlueTooth mouse, it has buttons that you can use for Expose and the such, and you can pick it up from Newegg from about the same price. I use an MX900 on my PowerBook, I don't need to have the base station hooked up because of the internal BT module, I just use it for charging the mouse.

Yeah, Martog's right. I have a Logitech MX1000 and the extra buttons it possesses have been really useful for me. I have set one button for Expose. It really is incredibly useful. I paid ?50 for the mouse and it was well worth it. I don't think i'd pay the same for just 2 buttons and a scrool wheel.

It may be worth considering other models?

I've used The Mouse BT and it worked great for me. Mac Mice also has a utility you can download to customixe the wheel, wheel button and right mouse button.

The Logitech can't be customized since they don't provide a utility for the Mac.

I customized my Logitech mouse just fine for what I wanted anyway. All I did was go to Expose in System Preferences and you can set a mouse button for Expose. Worked for me.

Yeah, I use the side buttons and the mouse middle wheel for Expose, and in Tiger I'll use the application switcher button for Dashboard, which still leaves me with two buttons left over. :) The up and down scroll buttons which do work in Mac OS X, I don't know how to set how fast they are though.

I've used The Mouse BT and it worked great for me.  Mac Mice also has a utility you can download to customixe the wheel, wheel button and right mouse button.

The Logitech can't be customized since they don't provide a utility for the Mac.

585813039[/snapback]

Logitech Control Center?

I have Logitech MX 510 and I really like it. It's only 29.99 USD from Amazon with free shipping. Yes it's not wireless but it's not a big deal for me.

Logitech Control Center?

I have Logitech MX 510 and I really like it. It's only 29.99 USD from Amazon with free shipping. Yes it's not wireless but it's not a big deal for me.

585813306[/snapback]

Yeah but it doesn't work for BT devices so the control center would not work with the MX900.

If you are going to spend $70 on a two button mouse with a scroll wheel and dont' mind using it only in your right hand, please get a Logitech MX900 BlueTooth mouse, it has buttons that you can use for Expose and the such, and you can pick it up from Newegg from about the same price. I use an MX900 on my PowerBook, I don't need to have the base station hooked up because of the internal BT module, I just use it for charging the mouse.

585812993[/snapback]

Is Expose something you use alot?