whats going on here....

i don't know if you have noticed but a bunch of microsofts programs have been available for the mac (OSx) while only a few apple programs have been made to work on windows. :devious:

What ever happened to separete but equal guys? :D

Originally posted by tiger2k

i think microsoft is sucking up to apple

well ie won't be the default browser in osx much longer so thats good and nobody uses wmp for the mac that much anymore. but ms ownz the OFFICE for the mac

nemo, iphoto, itunes, imovie, and other iapps u name it. i mean look how many weak desktops that people have with itunes skins!

Originally posted by zivan56

I think Microsoft owns a part of Apple computers, thats probably why :D

do they really?

thats weak, owning part of your competetor's company

Originally posted by Keldyn

Moved to Mac forum

why is it moved to mac forum, its comparing apples's software with windows, it could be in either the mac forum or the windows, thats why i put it in general

well u c MS by LAW had to make there popular programs for the mac because many yrs ago apple took MS to court over look and feal infringments in the copywright of mac os (c ms do copy apple) and apple were winning so ms setled out of court by saying ther would release there popular software on the mac os. Unfortunatly that contract round out around now (think it was last month).

Originally posted by zivan56

I think Microsoft owns a part of Apple computers, thats probably why :D

No.

The non-voting stock they did have was sold a while ago.

--

unspec

I'd say it partially has something to do with Mac applications all being written in MacOSX (Carbon)...they're harder (I think) to convert to Windows than previously? Is this right?

well, if Apple ported their iApps and many others, they really wouldn't have a selling point other than a good OS theme and pretty hardware. But, by keeping those apps where they are, they are gaining the benefit of a better out-of-box experience...

apple n ms made a deal in 97 that would port some of microsofts appz (ie, office, etc) over to mac os for mac users to use, and apple has never been too fond of bringing in lots of coders just to code new appz just for windows, so they just only go with the minimum by producing quicktime, and apple users would probably be pretty peeved if apple started producing mac os x for x86, or final cut pro or whatever or idvd or whatever for windows

quicktime is produced for the pc cause it increses the end user base of pple that have tha ability to recieve Quick Time stream so apple can sell there quick time server

Originally posted by tiger2k

so, basicaly MS keeped their part of the deal, but apple didn't :devious: :mad:

Uhh, no. Where did you get that from? MS were obliged to produce software for Apple.

They probably still will as well because it leaves a bit of competition and makes them money.