Maurice Clarett

pretty funny, but i think it's even more funny that sooners are trying to make fun of people. i guess they gotta do something to keep their spirits up after getting thumped in two championship games and having their star qb not even get drafted in the NFL.

if they are gonna make fun of somebody, shouldn't it be jason white? :huh:

Great link thanks.

BroChaos, didn't White get invited to camp somewhere. I thought I heard him on the radio talking about getting a chance somewhere??

Great link thanks.

BroChaos, didn't White get invited to camp somewhere. I thought I heard him on the radio talking about getting a chance somewhere??

585854845[/snapback]

yea, the Chiefs, not sure what happened with that.

yeah, he gets to go to mini camp with the chiefs. we'll see what happens from there.

it was just the irony of it. clarett is being made fun of, yet he went suprisingly high in the draft. white, on the other hand...heisman winner...and nothing.

geez. that is slow, i ran faster than that in high school

585857990[/snapback]

No offense, but do you realize how unreliable 40 times are? I was honestly surprised how high teams rate the 40 in the draft, when its timing is so unreliable, and it truly does not give you a good estimate on the speed of a player.

Please read this:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050...-1s18forty.html

No offense, but do you realize how unreliable 40 times are? I was honestly surprised how high teams rate the 40 in the draft, when its timing is so unreliable, and it truly does not give you a good estimate on the speed of a player.

Please read this:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050...-1s18forty.html

585858695[/snapback]

awesome article, thank you. i've always belived 40 times are a bunch of crap, and that makes it really easy to prove my point :)

there's no way in pro football even .5s will ever matter. just too many other things to factor in. whoever is more pumped up, more focused, more aware, and has more adrenaline, will be able to make the better play.

it's just amazing how much $$$ a made up number controls...and peoples perceptions too. just cuz a running back is .2s slower than another, thats just absolute proof he's a worse player? how can the scouts be so dumb?

as much as i hated clarett in college, i want to see him prove people wrong.

Same here. I'm not a 'Mo fan at all, but I don't see why everyone hates him so much -- he really didn't do anything wrong, from what I've seen. It's not like he took steroids or anything even remotely similar. I hope he does well.

yeah, he gets to go to mini camp with the chiefs. we'll see what happens from there.

it was just the irony of it.  clarett is being made fun of, yet he went suprisingly high in the draft.  white, on the other hand...heisman winner...and nothing.

585857930[/snapback]

Chiefs pass on Heisman winner White

NFL.com wire reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (May 2, 2005) -- Former Heisman Trophy winner Jason White wasn't offered a contract by the Kansas City Chiefs following a three-day rookie camp.

White, who went undrafted out of Oklahoma, got the news May 1 from coach Dick Vermeil. White was competing with seventh-round pick James Kilian of Tulsa for a possible spot with the Chiefs, who already have three veteran quarterbacks on the roster.

"What I recommended him to do, if he really wants to play in the NFL, is to go to the Arena League, sharpen his skills and compete," Vermeil said. "I think he's aware of where he is and what he needs to do."

White threw for 8,012 yards and 81 touchdowns at Oklahoma, winning the 2003 Heisman and taking the Sooners to consecutive national championship games in 2003 and '04.

However, many scouts felt his arm was not strong enough for the NFL. He also has had major reconstructive surgery on both knees.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/8437615

What you have to remember about the 40 times is that they are generally using handheld stopwatches. To get an accurate time, a gun can be hooked up to a camera at the finish line and then you are able to tell exactly when the runner crossed the line. The handheld time usually is roughly .2 faster.

What you have to remember about the 40 times is that they are generally using handheld stopwatches. To get an accurate time, a gun can be hooked up to a camera at the finish line and then you are able to tell exactly when the runner crossed the line. The handheld time usually is roughly .2 faster.

585873263[/snapback]

Actually, more than that... see the article :)

Titans, Heisman winner agree to terms

NFL.com wire reports

The 2003 Heisman Trophy winner agreed to terms on a contract with the Titans. The former Oklahoma quarterback wasn't offered a contract after going through a three-day rookie camp with Kansas City last week.

White went undrafted despite leading the Sooners to the national title game in 2003 and '04. White threw 75 touchdown passes and went 24-3 the past two seasons with Oklahoma.

He finished his college career with 7,922 yards passing and 81 touchdown passes. But his arm strength is considered questionable for the NFL, and he has had major reconstructive surgery on both knees.

The Titans have an opening for the No. 3 quarterback job behind Steve McNair and Billy Volek. White also shares an agent with McNair.

White will be in town for the Titans' first minicamp workout of the offseason on May 17 with three other undrafted free-agent quarterbacks: Shane Boyd of Kentucky, Gino Guidugli of Cincinnati and Marcus Randall of LSU.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/8447244

Randall sucks, I doubt he will be competing for the #3 QB job. He would do better at another position in the NFL. He is quite an athlete.

he will do well in the nfl.

look at the year McGahee had.

btw... good for white.

The 2003 Heisman Trophy winner agreed to terms on a contract with the Titans. The former Oklahoma quarterback wasn't offered a contract after going through a three-day rookie camp with Kansas City last week.

White went undrafted despite leading the Sooners to the national title game in 2003 and '04. White threw 75 touchdown passes and went 24-3 the past two seasons with Oklahoma.