V635, V3, or s710a?

Which should I get?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• V635
    • V3
    • s710a

OK, here are the reasons I'm for and against each phone:

V635: Has pretty much everything I want. Megapixel camera, second color screen, and aesthetically pleasing. However, since Cingular has decided not to release it, it would cost upwards of $350 USD.

s710a: Again, very slick looking phone. Big screen, megapixel camera, but it doesn't have that second screen since it's not a flip phone, preventing me from taking self-pictures. I can snag this one for about $249 USD.

What do y'all think?

EDIT: OK, I'm definitely not getting the V3. Done even more research on it, and the pictures it takes are just not up to the quality I want. Do any of you have any information on the menu speed of the s710a versus the menu speed of the V635?

Edited by obake

I notice a lot of people going for the V3. If you've got one, how's the camera? Like I said above, I'm hesitant because it's only a VGA camera, not a megapixel one. I don't own a normal camera, so all the pictures I'd be taking (which, given, won't be that many) would be with the phone.

i actually own a moto v710, but if i had the option with my provider (lousy verizon), i would have totally purchased a v3 razr. its all about aesthetics, and the vga camera doesnt bother me. its meant for snapshots, anything high quality ill obviously use my digital camera.

i would say the V635. I had the V600, and I liked it. I'm almost positive the reason Cingular didn't introduce the V620 was because they were planning on selling the 635 when it's released here. So sit tight, I think it's coming soon. It has the 850 band...so it must be coming to the States...and Cingular is the only one that uses 850 GSM I believe, T-Mobile, the only other GSM provider is 1900 only.

how can you get the V3 for under 300! and also where did you hear that cingular is not going to release the v635. who is then? thats the phone i want, either that or the v3, which is way to expensive, unless you can answer my first question?! thanks.

how can you get the V3 for under 300! and also where did you hear that cingular is not going to release the v635. who is then? thats the phone i want, either that or the v3, which is way to expensive, unless you can answer my first question?! thanks.

585847996[/snapback]

Mother's Day special at Cingular. V3 is $299.99 with 2 year contract.

Concerning the V635, I heard it from a Cingular employee at a cell phone forum (Howard Forums).

EDIT: Here's a direct quote concerning the status of the V635.

The V635 was supposed to be released by the end of this month, but not anymore. The plan is to make it available through certain sales channels. I can't tell you which channels they will use, but just know that you won't see it in the website or in any stores, so for most users it's gonna be hard to get. It will be a lot easier to get it from Ebay.
Edited by obake

Just an update: I edited the first post to reflect this, but I'm not going to be getting the V3. The camera on it just isn't up to the quality that I'd like.

Just an update: I edited the first post to reflect this, but I'm not going to be getting the V3. The camera on it just isn't up to the quality that I'd like.

585852934[/snapback]

Good choice. The v3 has nothing besides it's ultra thin form factor (compensated for in it's ultra large width). I would say go with the v635. The v5xx and v6xx series of phones seem to be pretty damn good.

Well, I've thought it through, and I'm actually going against the vocal majority and going with the s710a. Since I don't own a real camera, I'd like the camera on my phone to be as good as possible. In addition, the price is right, and I really like the larger screen on it. In addition, it's a pretty unique phone, so that pleases the consumer ###### in me who must have something mega cool looking. I am somewhat worried about the menu speed, but I figure that even if it bothers me, which I doubt is likely, it could probably be fixed in a firmware update in the future. Finally, the 32MB Memory Stick Duo that comes with it will be put to good use with both the phone and my PSP.

Thanks for all your advice, everybody!

Well, I've thought it through, and I'm actually going against the vocal majority and going with the s710a.

what a wise choice. v3 is crap, my friend has one. i thought it was the best thing until i used it for a while.

i have a v620 (upgraded v600, but just before v635)

i like it (its heavy, but i dont mind), but there is a lot of things which i can see being improved on. and as far as i remember v635 is not much different to it except for color screen.

i would switch it for this ericsson anyday. s710 is much cooler. i am still not used to or like my motorola setup/ menus/ speed. a lot of the thing which come as natural on ericsson phones are missing there.

i have a v620 (upgraded v600, but just before v635)

i like it (its heavy, but i dont mind), but there is a lot of things which i can see being improved on. and as far as i remember v635 is not much different to it except for color screen.

585854745[/snapback]

Megapixel camera, TF card slot up to 256MB, EDGE, MP3 player in the phone... not quite a V600/620 in a new body.

I have had an S700i (global GSM 900 version of the localized S710a) since October, and although Im very partial to Sony Ericssons, there's a reason.

This phone is just above and beyond anything Ive ever seen or used...it works like a dream, and has a great feature set.

Go look at a LIVE model, look at that display. Its so beautiful its UNREAL... 320x240 thats the same resolution as my PocketPC whose screen is THREE TIMES THE SIZE!

the screen really is amazing...its like its printed on its so sharp and clear.

The camera is great!

wall.jpg

parking%20lot%20night.JPG

fence.jpg

grate.jpg

I love using the camera...its got a great feature set to tweak your images, almost like a real camera...itll only get better from here on out ;)

MP3 playback is a great feature, supports MP4 format as well (ive gotten a whole album down to 13MB to fit on the included MS Duo), 3GP video too...A whole episode of family guy under 20megs!

Really is just a gorgeous phone, everything about it is great, not to mention EXCELLENT bluetooth support, which is standard for Sony Ericsson...Moto leaves a lot to be desired... :(

Definitely a vote for S710 here.

Good choice. The v3 has nothing besides it's ultra thin form factor (compensated for in it's ultra large width). I would say go with the v635. The v5xx and v6xx series of phones seem to be pretty damn good.

585853482[/snapback]

:yes: Absolutely! I just ordered myself a V635 yesterday. It has so many new features that make the V3 look like crap. The two most important to me would probably be EDGE and the 1.23 Megapixel camera. The V3 doesn't even have EDGE and has a crappy VGA camera (640x480, approx 0.3 MP). I'm also looking forward to is the TransFlash memory slot, which means you can add up to 256MB of memory to store ringtones, pictures, etc. The V635 even features a USB Mass Storage Device, which means you can connect it to pretty much any OS via USB and access the contents of the TransFlash memory card.