Spained finger from basketball

Playing basketball someday most of you have recieved a quick hard pass and received it wrong and your finger turns back. A few minutes later its all swelled up. This happens to me alot so im looking a way to reduce it.

What could be some ways to reduce/prevent it? (besides recieving passes correctly)

Another thing, is there any way to heal it quicker? lol I cant do some things since its my index finger. BTW I dont go to the hospital or anything for this. I just let it go away by itself...

(BTW; Now that I think of it I dont know if this belongs in Sporting or General...)

I know you said besides the receiving the pass correctly, but that's going to be the ONLY way to prevent it. You should be cradlign the ball when it comes to you by letting it hit the base of your hand and then quickly clasping around fingers onto it.

I know you said besides the receiving the pass correctly, but that's going to be the ONLY way to prevent it. You should be cradlign the ball when it comes to you by letting it hit the base of your hand and then quickly clasping around fingers onto it.

585852029[/snapback]

If its a fast as hell pass its bound to happen.....Your thinking with your mind rather than your hand and you slightly put it below where the ball is going your finger( s ) snap back and pow instant injury.

If its a fast as hell pass its bound to happen.....Your thinking with your mind rather than your hand and you slightly put it below where the ball is going your finger( s ) snap back and pow instant injury.

585856802[/snapback]

I play ball quite regularly. I'm telling you, the only way to avoid it is to receive it properly. It's an instict and a hand-eye coordination skill that you have to give time ot become natural. I used to jam my fingers all the time, but as I got older and more controlled of my body, I was able to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong.

Yea man I played ball all through high school and college and your gonna get tons of jammed/sprained fingers and ankles. Like bangbang said the only way to keep this from happening is to catch the ball right. It's all hand-eye coordination...it becomes an instinct. Don't think about catching just do it. You just have to tape it up and play through it. After a while you'll start to even get used to shooting with a messed up shooting hand...which will help out some.

pull on it. wrap your other hand around it and pull it out away from your hand. do this as often as you can deal with.