HOWTO - Installing RHEL3

Nice guide.

As noted in the linked-to article, it applies to Fedora Core (community Red Hat) as well.

It also applies to RHEL clones CentOS and WhiteBox, which use the RHEL source (minus the trademarks and copyrighted logos). Or even on the official RHEL you can download from Red Hat's FTP servers.

Did you write that? If you did, well then very good job! :)

585865945[/snapback]

I did write it. All my content is original! RHEL4 is a little bit different. They changed some of the stuff around. It's also running kernel 2.6 not 2.4 like RHEL3. The machine I used with VMware to take the screen shots will not run RHEL4 because the SCSI RAID card isn't supported by a 2.6 kernel :(

I was about to say good guide, but looking at the almost racist adverts. I changed my mind.

585895263[/snapback]

I just took another look over that link and here is a summary of what I see:

• I see one link to a page for a 9-11 memorial tribute.
  • I see one image (not a link to anything) that is a positive nationalistic image on 'outsourcing' (it does not detract any other nation/race/sex/creed/etc.)
  • I see adverts for a hosting company - definitely no racism there.
  • I also see a few text ads supplied by Google. Really quite bland vanilla stuff.

So I fail to see the source of offense you are feeling, nor the relevance to the how-to. :ermm:

If you feel that there is a link to inappropriate content in a Neowin thread, please report the thread.

I was about to say good guide, but looking at the almost racist adverts. I changed my mind.

585895263[/snapback]

Maybe he's an out-sourced employee?