Champions League semi final....

But if it was chelsea that 'scored', would you be saying the same?

Anyway, Chelsea obviously didn't get near to scoring, or we would be hearing 'Chelsea scored and it was disallowed', or 'Chelsea should have had a penalty'.  But seeing as we aren't hearing these comments, we can say that Liverpool won fair and square.

585868627[/snapback]

kezman was pushed over near the end in the penalty area, drogba completly missed a sitter of a header :no: and gudjohnson smashed one centimeters wide with about a minute to go, so chelsea did get near to scoring.

plus if it was chelsea that 'scored', would the liverpool fans be saying the same? would they not be saying 'nah it werent a goal'??

honestly, i don't know how they didn't have a better angle to show. i was watchin on ESPN2 in the US, so i don't know who was running the cameras, but for any sport i watch, there's ALWAYS some type of side cam or goal cam to show cleary if the object crossed the line or not...

honestly, i don't know how they didn't have a better angle to show.  i was watchin on ESPN2 in the US, so i don't know who was running the cameras, but for any sport i watch, there's ALWAYS some type of side cam or goal cam to show cleary if the object crossed the line or not...

585868669[/snapback]

thats why there is a lot of controversy here, because people say there should be goal cams and technology to tell you if the balls crossed the line or not. but there isnt

yeah, from all the angles i saw, i can't honestly say for certain whether or not it was a goal. just too hard to tell.

thats why there is a lot of controversy here, because people say there should be goal cams and technology to tell you if the balls crossed the line or not. but there isnt

585868686[/snapback]

If they were going to do that i think they should allow video replay for the fourth officials.

I think they are both good points.

kezman was pushed over near the end in the penalty area, drogba completly missed a sitter of a header  :no:  and gudjohnson smashed one centimeters wide with about a minute to go, so chelsea did get near to scoring.

plus if it was chelsea that 'scored', would the liverpool fans be saying the same? would they not be saying 'nah it werent a goal'??

585868656[/snapback]

The Liverpool fans would be the same yes. This is why there needs to be more tech used in the vital areas.

The fact that someone smahed one one cm wide or someone missed a sitter, should mean that he doesn't get paid. His job is to score not to miss.

Someone gets pushed over, so what happens every week, some are given some aren't.

The Liverpool fans would be the same yes. This is why there needs to be more tech used in the vital areas.

The fact that someone smahed one one cm wide or someone missed a sitter, should mean that he doesn't get paid.  His job is to score not to miss.

Someone gets pushed over, so what happens every week, some are given some aren't.

585868715[/snapback]

yes good point but remember im a chelsea fan, of course im guna be biased towards chelsea :D

maybe we shld turn this into a poll to see who thinks there needs to be more technology used in the vital areas and times of play?

oh well...im happy that liverpool won even tho im a west ham supporter and whats the odds on west ham ever getting into europe...so gotta support someone else...LOL

kezman was pushed over near the end in the penalty area, drogba completly missed a sitter of a header?:no::? and gudjohnson smashed one centimeters wide with about a minute to go, so chelsea did get near to scoring.

585868656[/snapback]

No he fell on his backside trying to cheat.

Live by the sword die by sword.

Are Chelsea on their way to Turkey? No!

oh well...im happy that liverpool won even tho im a west ham supporter and whats the odds on west ham ever getting into europe...so gotta support someone else...LOL

585868784[/snapback]

They have done many times.

No he fell on his backside trying to cheat.

585868791[/snapback]

and ur hardly guna say different ur a liverpool fan

oh yea and a conservative :no:

They have done many times.

585868791[/snapback]

yeh I know that...but whats the odds them getting europe from the championship...we need to go up this year otherwise we are there forever..LOL

WASNT A GOAL

585868345[/snapback]

Firstly, unlike Tommy Smith, who was commentator here in the U.S. on ESPN2, I do not think it was conclusive. However, Liverpool deserved a penalty on that play if it wasn't called one. I'm HOPING the ref didn't make the call ONLY becuase Liverpool had the advantage because Cech obviously fouled Baros (IMO). Anyway, Liverpool's defense played an amazing match after that. Chelsea controlled play but the back line stood strong. And Gudjohnsen should have BURIED that shot near the end. Anyway, good match and now Liverpool can wait for Milan to come through :D.

This to me is impossible.  The better team can never loose.  The idea of football is to score goals.  The team that scores most is the better team.

585868574[/snapback]

Why can't the better team lose, its about luck, liverpool scored quickly and then went into a defensive shell, it worked Chelsea could not score but overall Chelsea played better in my opinion though the Liverpool defense was excellent, Jamie Carragher played an awesome game, too bad Robben was not on the same form

585868686[/snapback]

I hope the Football association realise that the technology is available and they should start using it, Something like a third umpire in cricket, Especially for close and contraversial decisions like this.

who cares about technology it will just slow the game down the referee's decision is final if you take that away from him you may aswell get a robot to ref the match

well the whole of the ball had to be over the line, which to my eyes didn't look like it was over the line maybe half of the ball was over but not the whole ball. but i think the ref was just paying advantage to garcia for cech pulling down the player that had the initial strike

and ur hardly guna say different ur a liverpool fan

oh yea and a conservative  :no:

585868804[/snapback]

actually leesmithg is an arsenal fan (Liverpool's next victims!!)

and what is wrong with being a conservative??

for the record, chelsea simply didnt play well enough over 186 minutes to justify winning the tie and Liverpool FC scored more goals. Simple as that really, thats what the record will show regardless of how the goal was scored.

From Geremi's body position and Garcia's reaction it looks like it was a goal, but without a virtual replay or goal line technology no one can ever be certain.

Looking forwards to Istanbul.