MMORPG vs. FPS!

What Do You Think Is Better?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Is Better?

• FPS
    • MMORPG

A combination of both..

When you feel lazy and just wanna have a chat with your friends over msn, browse the web, replying emails.. I prefer doing those while playing MMORPG.

When I'm very bored, I wanna play FPS :D

I'm waiting for an MMOFPS. Wonder how Planetside is like though.

585874995[/snapback]

woah that would be phreakin awesome. i wonder why that hasnt been made yet :huh: . i voted for fps, even though i am playing guild wars very heavily right now. fps's are still the best.

woah that would be phreakin awesome.  i wonder why that hasnt been made yet  :huh: .  i voted for fps, even though i am playing guild wars very heavily right now.  fps's are still the best.

585875017[/snapback]

yeah im playing GW right now. im coming from playing cs competitively for 3-4 years and right now i prefer to play GW (CORPG).

mmmm, depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Planetside was fun for like...20minutes. It got really dumb when it turned into a spawn camping festival of suck.

FPS for me as well. I find i can get into a FPS more then i can a MMORPG, plus like CaptainOats said an MMORPG is way too time consuming and with working 10+ hours a day i just dont have the time like i used to.

woah that would be phreakin awesome.  i wonder why that hasnt been made yet  :huh: .  i voted for fps, even though i am playing guild wars very heavily right now.  fps's are still the best.

585875017[/snapback]

Why hasn't one been made yet? Simply because of the technical requirements. Blizzard is having a hard enough time handling all the WoW players. Just imagine everyone running, shooting, and watching their 60 FPS screens and making quick, sudden actions. Bandwidth, processing power, and memory all need to increase exponentially for an MMOFPS to exist.

Always been a fps person. Unfortunately due to the recent lack of any fps's that are actually good ive been playing WoW religously.

Tribes 2 came close to combining FPS with (at the time at least) large player amounts. 100 Player servers were common.

The game was quite hard to get into though and loads of players struggled to find a role which was useful and fun to play. Cracking game though.

I'm still waiting for some kind of realistic war game with those kinds of player numbers and cooperative mission based play. Imagine a beach landing with both sides controled by players. It would suck for those that got killed as soon as the boats open but if you could survive all the way to the bunkers and beyond it would be so cool.

has to be mmorpg \0/

Eve-Online 4tw! lol

the good thing about eve that puts it above fps is that its constantly in development, with patchdays and bugfixes and new features constantly being brought in, and theres a million things you can do on eve rather than go round shooting ppl over and over again or following the storyline etc (i.e agent missions, mining, refining, bulding, selling, travelling, pvp combat, fleet battles, NPC rat hunting, DED Space complexes etc.

Any other eve players here??

MMO's - PvP enough said.

Thought > twitch.

585874974[/snapback]

The only game that involves 'thought' is GuildWars, because it takes some skill to play. Twitch based skill is great, but MMOs don't provide 'thought' based skill in a game. WoW is mind numbingly boring with that regard. Monsters are stupid, just attack and run away when low on hps, PvP is even worse because it takes ZERO skill to participate in... just a little common sense and making sure you are the right class vs the right class. Ultima Online (OLDSCHOOL version) was probably the best in incorporating skill into gameplay, too bad it got nerfed to hell.

Anyways, it's what you make of it.. I like FPSes a lot, and I like MMOs too. Just have fun playing and don't get caught up in the hype :)