• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Broadband inferno - Tel$tra Australia

Question

altezza    0

I just would like let anyone in the board know of how ridiculous Tel$tra ripping off customers:

They will reveal a new monthly plan for their broadband ADSL & Cable next month that comprises of three volume based plan. There is 3, 5, 10 gb usage plan. I think the 3 gb plan will stay with same price but look at the 10 gb plan. The 10 gb plan will remove the speed cap so customers can enjoy maximum transfer speed. Customers will be asked to pay close to $500 per month for 10 gb of usage. Should they exceed it, they also asked to pay additional usage.

Those figures are in Australian dollars. Just think what are think of this?

For Aco, you should know this by now. Let this news to be spreaded around.

9 answers to this question

aco    0

Yeah, I do and it sucks.

The only thing is, I don't like how all these rumours are spread around by whirlpool. Some people (not you) consider everything "reported" by whirlpool as broadband religion. :ermm:

There is no doubt Tel$tra are ripping us off, this quote basically sums it up:

Optus broadband customers already get around 18GB per month, with no speed cap, at the same price Telstra customers currently pay for 3GB download with speed caps.

Totally unreasonable. :disappoin

nXP_151    0

Nooooooo what the f#ck !? is that true ?????

They will reveal a new monthly plan for their broadband ADSL & Cable next month that comprises of three volume based plan. There is 3, 5, 10 gb usage plan. I think the 3 gb plan will stay with same price but look at the 10 gb plan. The 10 gb plan will remove the speed cap so customers can enjoy maximum transfer speed. Customers will be asked to pay close to $500 per month for 10 gb of usage. Should they exceed it, they also asked to pay additional usage.

I can't believe this....500 bucks for a month for 10 gb usage ?

LOOK....is this true ? bloody Telstra....

aco    0

Well, they are only rumours.

altezza    0

Well, should I say more?

Tel$tra is killing the broadband technology of their own. Australia is a country where sustained poor level of IT. Broadband has been implemented for some time but I DO understand it pays the ultimate price.

I've been subscribed to ADSL for 6 months now and paid $89 (hence the July fee waived as well as half price August & September fee). Let me tell something, $89 is already damn expensive and all we got is ridiculously 3 gb usage. Now for 3 times of usage at 10gb you are going to charge customers 5 times as much??? HEY WAKE UP FOR GOD SAKE!!!

Look down Tel$tra, how many of Australians can enjoy the broadband technology? Despite less than 1% of total Australian internet users were subscribed to broadband. This is certainly a very low number. Now you want to compare to what Koreans do? About 45% of internet users were broadband users.

Optus doing better these days. For $65 monthly fee customers can enjoy 300-700kb/sec transfer speed and more than enough 18 gb monthly usage. Shame on you, Tel$tra.

Too bad Tel$tra going to see more customers flee away sooner or later.

Ziggy and his Tel$tra management team do not have brains, in fact they only think that they can rip more money out of customers pocket. Let's hope Tel$tra will go down someday.

=======

I know I suppose not to post here because this is not purely a broadband forum but I have the right to post here because I would like to know everyone's thought about this matter. Let me know if this topic is not worth to be posted here. Sorry for any inconvenience

=======

DWZ    0

What can I say? I have Optus, im happy :)

But its like Ziggy is out to get us... my website still stands :evil:

altezza    0

Heheh, lucky you DWZ :)

Nice to know you anyway.

aco    0

I totally agree with you altezza, and to be honest I think Telstra ADSL is worse than Telstra cable.

You may wish to call me crazy, but I have always had Optus cable available where I live - I just opted for Telstra because of the unlimited downloads (now 3GB :evil: ).

I don't abide with the 3GB cap and will continue not to until they start charging us for going over 3GB.

altezza    0

So you're using Bigpond Cable? You should've choose Optus :)

Well freedom of usage seems to end soon and I'm prepared to go back to dialup.

nXP_151    0

It's a total rip off like you said....that's what I call ridiculous, we pay let's say $ 90 for it, this is all what we get :

- 3 GB for downloads (this including upload as well).

And I tell you about last month (I think) their internet networks went down, we're unable to play internet for almost 1 and a half week !!! can you believe it ?

If there is ADSL provider other than Telstra, we would definetely not using Telstra.

Telstra management team needs to be kicked in the ass and have their head shoved off, they just do not understand this...as my Bro is saying more customer will flee....and they will regret it...oh well...my time in Perth (the actual location I am now....) will not be that long....next year off to Melbourne and hopefully we can find ourself a good broadban provider such as Optus....Telstra broadband plan is nothing but a money ripper, they think they can get away with it....HUH :mad:.

It makes me want to smack the head of the management.