CS 1.6 - Auto-Aim.

sicburns

Hello Neowin,

I just installed Counter Strike 1.6 ( Haven't played since 1.4 ) and i saw this under the mouse options tab:

Untitled-2%20copy.jpg

So why did they put this future in?

Joseph B

...O.o I don't play CS-But wtf?

Xtreme $niper

It doesnt do anything really. Its meant for single player and wont do anything in multiplayer. I never noticed a difference in aiming even in single.

_I am Reptar

Won't work in online play,

It's just a feature of hl1 single player, and since CS is a mod that option is there.

emo

it doesnt work otherwise it would just be a pre-installed aim-bot, lol.

JakeM741

Its been in the game since 1.1...its there so that if you play single player, the bots can aim...hence why you're even able to do aimbot anyways

GeoffMitchell

Auto aim is there to auto aim at a person your shooting at.

Only if the server as the command sv_cheats to 1, which enables the autoaim.

But it really does nothing if you have it ticked or crossed, unless your on a server that as sv_cheats enabled.

Which about 99 Percent of online servers have it off..

The Jorge

I'm suprised you haven't noticed that. It's been there since before Counter-Strike went retail (ah the good old days...). As mentioned, the option is meant for the HL1 single player, so it doesn't do anything in CS.

I remember when I use to go to LANs around where I live and play with friends from school, kids that were already there would walk up to us and demand to see if the option was checked or not because we would be owning them. Sometimes it would be checked and they would ask us to uncheck it. Really funny owning them with the option checked off. :laugh:

MartiMcFly

U might find Sensitivity 3 will be better.

:)

sicburns

Nah like it fast ;)

DoNuTs

The Server can enable/disable this option,

Many servers has it off :)

CactuzJak

I'm more shocked your mouse sensitivity is so high :blink:

sicburns

I always have my mouse sensitivity high, lets me aim faster on people ;).

Code.Red

When this is enabled, and playing single player or playing on a server that has sv_cheats to 1, does it actually move where you aim, like you see the movement, or does it only direct your bullets toward the enemies once you shoot? I don't really notice anything with it on or off...

j005u

i used to have my sensitivity high like that too, but i really sugest you set it to 3 and practice. it might be faster this way, but your accuracy suffers greatly like this. give it a try.