[NFL] Freddie Mitchell cut by Eagles

PHILADELPHIA -- Freddie Mitchell has talked his way out of Philadelphia.

In a move that was no surprise, the Eagles released Mitchell on Friday, cutting ties with the wide receiver after four seasons where he never lived up to his promise as a first-round pick.

"We appreciate everything Freddie has contributed to the Eagles organization over the last four years," coach Andy Reid said. "By releasing him now, it gives him the opportunity for a new start with another team in the NFL."

source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2054583

:rofl:

but hey, with 90 career receptions, this guy is money!

"labeling himself with a seemingly endless list of self-promoting nicknames like ``The People's Champ,'' ``FredEx,'' and ``First-Down Freddie.''

this guy is so full of himself, he doesn't realize how much he sucks.

I'd like to thank my hands for being so great.

He has two of the most famous catches in Eagle history, yet we ran him out of town. It's too bad, he's not that bad of a player, it's his attitude that needs help.

the eagles have one big mouth they don't need two that was probably a factor in letting him go. he didn't live up the expectations and him having a big mouth about it along the way just didnt help his case.

lol yay for more cap room

585886521[/snapback]

once they cut TO, they will have even more cap room

once they cut TO, they will have even more cap room

585888646[/snapback]

I would have a lot more respect for the Eagles if they had the guts to do that.

Poor Freddie Mitchell. The guy was a first-class athlete who siplayed his enormous talent each and every Sunday. . . . O wait that's right, no he wasn't. Just another ass who never backed up his bark with his bite. What a pompous moron. Know what the best part is? He'll probably STILL think he's God's gift to football. FredEx got shipped out of town (rim shot). It's pathetic I know. :p

had to be done. dude had too big of a mouth. put him in dallas with keyshawn or in oakland with moss.

good riddance.

had to be done. dude had too big of a mouth. put him in dallas with keyshawn or in oakland with moss.

good riddance.

585890204[/snapback]

Oh :omg: Dear God no, not Dallas please!!

I still laugh at his comment about his hands. Though he didn't do much in the field, he sure did do much with the mouth, which isn't bad at times. I'm sure he will fit in with another team.

He's interested in washington

... lol

585890972[/snapback]

if he came here he would probly do okay. but there are already some cocky skins. maybe he should go to cleveland and 'play' with kellen.

I would rather sit through another losing season then put up with a guy like that week in and week out. The Redskins can definetly do without someone like that. Sean Taylor is bad enough (even with his skills), we don't need someone with that much mouth that can't back it up with his play.