Performance Enhancing Contact Lenses?

Brian Roberts first tried on his newfangled contact lenses about an hour before the Orioles' last spring training game in Florida. He ripped three hits on a day his teammates groused about the difficulties of seeing the ball in the bright sun shining from a cloudless sky.

A longtime wearer of contacts, Roberts needed no persuading afterward to keep the new lenses, even if they make him look like some wild-eyed creature from a science fiction film. After a monster start ? he entered the week hitting .444 with five homers ? they might have to be pried away from him.

Also...

Plenty has been said about performance-enhancing drugs this spring. Well, get ready for a new wave of performance enhancers, only these do not cause side effects and are not subject to suspensions. Known as performance-enhancing contact lenses, they were designed to help hitters pick up the seams on the ball better and to protect the eyes from the sun.

"They're almost like wearing sunglasses without wearing sunglasses," Roberts says. "I could tell such a huge difference right away that I was willing to give them a shot." Seven years in the making by Nike and Bausch & Lomb, the lenses ? which will be known in the retail world as MaxSight ? are so new they have made their way only into a few major league clubhouses so far..........

The rest of the story is here...

Too bad legends like Ruth, Aaron, Mantle, Mays, Banks, Gherig, etc... didnt have these contact lenses. :)

Too bad legends like Ruth, Aaron, Mantle, Mays, Banks, Gherig, etc... didnt have these contact lenses.  :)

Is there any sport left that doesn't have any kind of enhancements? (-_-)

Too bad legends like Ruth, Aaron, Mantle, Mays, Banks, Gherig, etc... didnt have these contact lenses.  :)

585925789[/snapback]

Well some of those were on steroids... I mean after every game Mantle went to to party and got drunk. We all know that helps you hit the ball 700 feet :rolleyes:

Well some of those were on steroids... I mean after every game Mantle went to to party and got drunk.  We all know that helps you hit the ball 700 feet  :rolleyes:

585927242[/snapback]

haha yea didn't Babe Ruth play drunk sometimes and smoking "stogies"? :rofl: