Lets try something new...

Instead of boring bitmams as our titlebars, menu bars, scroll bars...yadda yadda....

has anyone tried to impliment an SWF into it? can it be done? can the shell be modified so that swf files are in place of bitmaps?

i consider myself intermediate/advanced in the area of flash, so i figure i could make some pretty dope stuff...titlebar/startmenu/taskbar animations with actionscripting.

and since the script is contained within the swf, windows doesnt have to touch the code...just display the swf.

anyone wanna help tackle this one?

Well here's my opinion:

It can probabley be done.. You'd beed to modify the ini's to show for example STARTMENU.swf instead of .bmp..... Some other slight modifications may be needed... This is only a theory though... Sometimes things don't work out as you plan.... So far the only way I know of having a style with a ini that you make, is by using Style Builder... Otherwise modifying a style always seems to break it..... Once SB is out, we should be able to at least try, and maybe succeed.....

id like to try it. anyone with balls enough to try to imput some of my swf files into the themes, let me know. i dont really wanna tackle the styles, but i'll certaintly do the flash work

i think that it would work, but it would be much like trying to make an animated gif as a wallpaper, you know how it works, but it lags the crap out of your computer, i think that that would have much the same effects! so.. its up to you to give it a try! i would love to see a generic version of the .msstyles file, where all of the graphix and such are external, and such.. just for beginners.. but i guess that would cause too many problems!

later!