Wireless Network Adapter for Powerbook?

So the airport card in my 2yr old powerbook has died on me. I opened up the laptop, thinking the power connector might have come loose, but everything's connected just fine. The card just plain died on me.

So now I'm looking for an external wireless adapter. Order of preference is Cardbus > PCMCIA > USB. I'll also take an 802.11g or a/g card before a 802.11b card.

I found the following website ( http://home.earthlink.net/~metaphyzx/Wireless.htm ) that lays out pretty well what cards are compatible with OSX and what drivers you need (be it the built in airport drivers, included drivers, or third party drivers by OrangeWare or IOXperts or MacSense).

Unfortunately, it's a long list, so I'm here to ask if any of Neowin's Mac users have used a non-Airport wireless network adapter. If so, what brand/model did you use and did it work well?

Thanks.

Well, looks like my situation isn't too common on Neowin.

No worries though. I took the list to J&R's during my lunch break and they had the Belkin 'Wireless G 125' Cardbus adapter (model F5D7011). The list linked to above states that it works with the Airport drivers in Mac OSX, and sure enough, I popped it in, and my powerbook recognized it as an Airport Extreme card. No messy third party drivers or anything of the like. Very cool, and very much cheaper than getting my powerbook repaired by Apple.

I suppose that just about does it for this thread. Nightie night.

PS - You'd think if their card works natively in OSX, they'd advertise the fact...