Neowin Widget

I think having it for Mac only is a far greater idea... especially because that annoying group of Windows users who still shout that nothing's being released for Mac can bite the dust. :laugh:

585939710[/snapback]

sigh.....

Its attitudes like this that turn people into zealots.

What is wrong with having something nice for *everyone*, huh?

....and for the record, Konfabulator was first released on the Mac then ported to Windows. There has been some good Mac software ported to Windows.

Anyone who thinks that "nothing good is being released for the Mac" are the real idiots.....

T

sigh.....

Its attitudes like this that turn people into zealots.

What is wrong with having something nice for *everyone*, huh?

....and for the record, Konfabulator was first released on the Mac then ported to Windows.? There has been some good Mac software ported to Windows.

Anyone who thinks that "nothing good is being released for the Mac" are the real idiots.....??

T

585940510[/snapback]

dude I was just kidding, relax. The &quo:laugh:gh: " emoticon was there for a reason...

looks great and if your not going to do a Konfabulator port would you consider letting me I think it looks fantastic.

maybe it was just a photoshop pipedream

585962014[/snapback]

Nope, there was a video of it working in Dashboard a few pages back. It was weirdly encoded but worked fine, and showed all the animations and the excessive ripple effect too.

Good enough for me, I'm assuming we're just waiting for bugfixes and the like.

It's just a matter of him making the actual RSS Reader code.. he's made all of the GUI aspects.

It's just a matter of him making the actual RSS Reader code.. he's made all of the GUI aspects.

585962503[/snapback]

There is an actual widget, but like xxinickxx said I have to do the rss part of the widget, sure I can throw a quick crappy way to feed rss feeds into the widget, but it would end up quite crappy.

Plus right now I'm busy working on other things, if someone would like to work on it, I'll post what I have of the widget, and the psds.

There is an actual widget, but like xxinickxx said I have to do the rss part of the widget, sure I can throw a quick crappy way to feed rss feeds into the widget, but it would end up quite crappy.

Plus right now I'm busy working on other things, if someone would like to work on it, I'll post what I have of the widget, and the psds.

585962683[/snapback]

I could take a crack at it. :)

585962683[/snapback]

Pffft... Busy? What kind of excuse is that? :p Just messing with you. I know I completely understand that, and I hope the other people waiting for this do as well. Don't let a little project like this interfere with anything that you need to do.

I'd be happy to work on a Windows version of it as a gadget (gadgets don't require any third party programs to use).

Where do you download it from?

585988166[/snapback]

Its not ready yet..... he has to incoporate the RSS aspect of it. Only the GUI is complete

I'd be happy to work on a Windows version of it as a gadget (gadgets don't require any third party programs to use).

585986024[/snapback]

New Stardock product?