Razer Diamondback Magma Review

Well, first of all: Hi, my name's Christian and this is my first post :)

Let's get a look at my mouse, the Razer Diamondback Magma.

Since I am an ethusiastic gamer and also designer I am really into mouse stuff. After having a Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical, I bought a Razer Viper 1000. Well, after some time I decided to buy a new mouse because the Viper had some lacks I wasn't so happy about.

Let's begin with the specifications and awards of the Diamonback...

# 5.8 Megapixels /s

# 7 Programmable Buttons

# extreme Lightweight (90g!!)

# 1600 dpi (dots per inch)

# 16 bit High Speed Wired Conn.

# Gamestar 93 points of 100

# Screenfun Award Note 1

# PC Games 1,59

# PC Games Hardware "Purchase-Tap"

# PC Games Hardware "Top-Product" Award

# Power Play Award "Precision"

# Gamespot "Best Accessory of 2004"

and many more...

the choice of

# SK Gaming

# Eyeballers

# World Cyber Games (Official Supplier)

The Mouse is a redesign of the former Viper 1000. It's a little bigger but after all not as big as the Logitech MX-Series. So it's really a nice mouse for people with little and "normal" hands. People with big hands shouldn't this one.

Since the Viper had the same dpi but some problems with it because it had only a 8 bit connection (like the MX-Series, too), Razer (and partner K?rna) decided to double the connection. So they fixed the bug that the mouse pointer was standig still if the user was doing a 180?-turn in Q?!??3 or things like that.

Now, you can accelerate it to max 15G!!

A tricky tool is the Razer control software because you can define some marco functions with the mouse and you can change the sensivty of the x- and y-axles. Also, you can change the sensivity without starting the tool...

Lan-Gamers or Buisness men will be happy about the neoprene LAN-Pack which is included in the mouse package.

Plus, there are two things that are really better than at every other mouse: The two ultra large, sensitive mouse buttons on top, with special anti-slip coating. And the teflon mouse feet.

What i not liked was that the nice teflon feet are larger than at the viper 1000, because I am used to play with padsurfers and now I'll have to buy more of those. But after all, it's not that bad real:D :D

• 2 weeks later...