sub 5 mile!

FYI, IM NOT BRAGGING, JUST EXTREMELY HAPPY

Since the day of confrence 7th grade when i ran a 5:35, ive been wanting to go sub 5. in 8th grade, that didnt happen with a 5:22. But my last meet (post confrence) my freshman year, coach put me just in the mile instead of his origional 2mile/mile double. I did it, went out in 2:25, came back in 2:32 for a total of 4:57.7!

FYI mile - 1600m on track (actually 1609m)

Caveman, why did you steal IlliniPi's signature?  just wondering.....oh ya nice job on the timings.

585941032[/snapback]

I've been wondering the same thing, just never asked. :huh:

yeh i come from australia

they dont have freshmans

yeh nice run but i kno some guys my age who run 4 mins flat for the 1500m........

so dont get to up urself.....wat do u run the 800 in............last year i managed to run 1:59 which was good

cheers

keep running

yeh i come from australia

they dont have freshmans

yeh nice run but i kno some guys my age who run 4 mins? flat for the 1500m........

so dont get to up urself.....wat do u run the 800 in............last year i managed to run 1:59 which was good

cheers

keep running

585942454[/snapback]

nice 800m time.(Y)) and good job as a 4:57 frosh :pp next year you should aim for 4:4x or 4:3x as long as you're healthy and injury free:yes::

Congrats !

Hope you break 4:00 before you graduate from college.

When I was a somewhat serious runner (25 yrs. ago) I could run 2:08 for 800s and 4:22 for 1500s (metric mile) - that roughly translates to about 4:55.

I know what kind of hard work and commitment it takes to run faster !

Pipppetto

Congratulations! :)

Something similar happened to me: I recently ran a 49.93 400m (without competition... literally, alone) -- something I've been trying to do since I started running, too.

^^ wow major congrats.. thats state qual right?

585948416[/snapback]

Heh, sadly I ran it about 2 or 3 weeks after regionals (before state). There is no "qualifying" times in Texas, just being the first two in your region (and division).