Elgato EyeTV Wonder 2.0 Review

Well i finally got my EyeTV wonder through the post today. I've had it on back order for about a week or so now and it came into stock yesterday and was immediately shipped out. I ordered it from www.mycomputerbits.co.uk for ?108 inc postage. I had never used them before but they seem quite good and there is always somebody on the end of the phone to speak to about the order.

First of all i was suprised at how small it actually was, i thought it would be a bit bigger, and it is also very light.

The setup is very quick and painless, all i did was to attached the power cable, then the usb to the back of the mini and dragged the software off the disk to the applications directory and that was it really.

You have to go through a few screens to set up the software and it will search for the channels for you. It immediately found all 5 uk terrestrial channels and tuned them in to perfection really, a lot less hassle free than the Hauppage WinTV for my (soon to be ebayed)PC.

The software is pretty nice, it will allow you to watch the TV in the dock whilst the app is minimised which is cool.

You can easily switch between the inputs you want to use from the preferences box.

The picture quality i think is really good, and a quick double click on the screen will put it into full screen mode which is also really good. It doesnt tear or judder with quick moving images or anything.

I'm waiting for my folks to bring up the xbox from home so i can try and play it through it and see if there is actually no lag which it claims.

As far as recording goes im not too sure if it is any good as I will not be using it for that, just for watching. The app used about 30% CPU usage when windowed on the desktop.

Enjoy the pics below:

post-30114-1116436986.jpg

post-30114-1116436995.jpg

post-30114-1116437005.jpg

post-30114-1116437644.jpg

Nice review man. Best to get a PCI tv card thou :p

PS. sorry to go off topic but I love your mac-ish keyboard. Where did you get that?

Nice review man. Best to get a PCI tv card thou  :p

PS. sorry to go off topic but I love your mac-ish keyboard. Where did you get that?

585939726[/snapback]

Dude, did you even read his post? - he used the EyeTV on his Mac mini, and that is an original Apple Pro Keyboard.

Radish?

Nice review man. Best to get a PCI tv card thou  :p

585939726[/snapback]

that would be a mac keyboard lol :D

and i cant use a PCI one as this is for my mac mini :happy: