Premiership Player Of The Season!

Who Is Your Player Of The Season??  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Player Of The Season??

• Thierry Henry,
    • Andy Johnson,
    • Steven Gerrard,
    • Frank Lampard,
    • John Terry,
    • Jamie Carragher,
    • Wayne Rooney,
    • Tim Cahill,
    • Shaun Wright-Phillips,
    • Arjen Robben,

Who is your player of the season for 2004/05?

Well the Premiership season has ended again, with Chelsea the winners. John Terry got the PFA player of the year award, but who is your player of the year?

For me the underated Jamie Carragher has been immense this season, so my vote goes to him.

VOTE!! VOTE!! VOTE!!

By the way I wish their was more poll options!

As a Liverpool fan, I went for Carra, although Gerrard was almost as good :p

For non-Liverpool players I'd go for Terry, Lampard and Johnson (2nd top scorer in the Prem this season....)

I said Rooney. For all the pressure on him and the goals and performances he has produced 'like the FA Cup Final' he has been a total gem of United this season. If Man U can get a good consistent keeper like Petr Cech, they can easily contest a very tight Premiership title next season

i would have to say Frank Lampard, undoubtably has shown he's a class act. I would say the best first season in the EPL would be Tim Cahill :)

Across all the English leagues, I vote Teddy Sheringham. He has had an amazing season, showing he is still an amazing player.

Out of the premiership, John Terry wins hands down. He has become such a good player this season and is easily first choice england centre half alongside Rio.

Most improved player goes to Joe Cole. He has really matured as a player this season and I look forward to seeing him improve even more. He has so much potential. And now he actually passes.

Arjen Robben, even though I am an Arsenal fan, he plays so well whenever he comes on the pitch, too bad he got injured. Rooney also played very well, I was impressed.

i vote none of them, who btw are most upfield players.....

For me, Gabriel Heinze. Guy has been awesome this season

GABE 4EVAS!!!!!

if i am being biased i would say Jamie Carragher BUT .......

being unbiased i would have to say the Frank Lampard should share it with Steve Gerrard.

Robert Pires has more league goals than Lampard... and hes not even had a great season.

585978246[/snapback]

Its not just about goals! Lampard only scored one less anyway (source)! The main difference between the two players is that Lampard has WAY more assists. Perhaps even four times as many assists! He is also consistant and barely missed a minute of the season for Chelsea. He appeared in every premership game and was consistant throughout.

Now I know 'fantasy football' does not mean everything, but here are the players respective scores for the season:

Lampard = 269

Pires = 174

(Source)

Not only did Lampard get almost 100 more points, he was also the Official Premier Leagues highest scoring player through the accumulation of the most combined goals, assits, bonuses and for playing more than 60 mins of each game. Lampard has clearly had the better season.

What sport is this?  :blink:

585986517[/snapback]

Chess bro. dont worry about it, its way beyond you. :rolleyes:

Oh ye.... ROONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!