How close an application with a .cmd ?

How close an application with a .cmd ? I wanna run the .cmd and do a "brutal" close of application, similar to use Task Manager and end process :p Is that possible?

the command your looking for is;

C:\>taskkill /?

TASKKILL [/s system [/u username [/P [password]]]]

{ [/FI filter] [/PID processid | /IM imagename] } [/F] [/T]

Description:

This command line tool can be used to end one or more processes.

Processes can be killed by the process id or image name.

Or you could grab pskill (pstools) from http://www.sysinternals.com and through it in your path.

Yeah, taskkill, thanks :yes:

I remember the MS-DOS commands, but I don't know enough about "new" WinNT, 2k, XP commands. WinXP is too easy, normally nobody need commands now :pinch:

Edit: The problem was that when I type "help" command, "taskkill" is not showed in list :o How many commands are not showed in that list?

Edited by NeHoMaR

Edit: The problem was that when I type "help" command, "taskkill" is not showed in list :o How many commands are not showed in that list?

585953888[/snapback]

Did you ever think to RTFM? Everything you could ever want to know about windows is quite clearly documented - if you would take the time to look over it ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...-us/ntcmds.mspx

post-14624-1116730314_thumb.jpg

Yeah :punk: Maybe Microsoft doesn't like show advanced and/or dangerous commands with "help" command :/

585955755[/snapback]

Its not that - the help command just gives help for non network system commands.. there are quite a few other command line "tools" that are just not included in that.

Just because it's a command line tool - does not make it a system command, etc... They are NOT trying to hide anything.. If you open "HELP", look under "What's New" its right there under "See Also" --> "Tools"

Yeah their hiding it ;)

post-14624-1116850659_thumb.jpg