F1 - McLaren Good for them

Oh yep!!!, good for them, this guy really deserve the title, perfect, correct, no errors, Warning to my favorite team: caution with this guy I think it is one very great obstacle to my idol Schummy and Barry ;)

yet poor Ferrari :pinch: :pinch:

mclaren is the name of a guy? i thought it was the name of a car?

either way, i'm losing interest in this thread very rapidly so i probably wont post in it again

;)

mclaren is the name of a guy? i thought it was the name of a car?

either way, i'm losing interest in this thread very rapidly so i probably wont post in it again

;)

585956332[/snapback]

Kimi Raikkonen (unsure about the spelling) is the name of the guy, McLaren is the name of the team.

Good for Webber, 1st podium finish, about time too!

Not a fan of Ferrari so glad to see McLaren doing so well this year. I wish there was better coverage in the U.S. with regards to F1. I am a fan of CART/IRL/NASCAR, but F1 far and away has the best pool of talent. They can actually turn left and right on the same course.

LOL, yeah, I always feel NASCAR and such are silly for that. Round and round they go... Whyyy...

It feels like such a loser sport, although I guess it still isn't. It just looks silly when you think about it. :)

Well an upside is they can easily build arenas for them. :rolleyes:

This race was in Monaco too, so it was even more different than usual. :)

That's another thing I like about it -- truly international; regarding where they race too, and all laps having their personality, requiring both different kind of drivers skills *and* different kinds of car balancing.

I also like that other teams are having success this time around and not just Ferrari dominating. Actually, they have particularly much trouble this year.

Not a fan of Ferrari so glad to see McLaren doing so well this year. I wish there was better coverage in the U.S. with regards to F1. I am a fan of CART/IRL/NASCAR, but F1 far and away has the best pool of talent. They can actually turn left and right on the same course.

There is no way that F1 has a better pool of talent than NASCAR. The guys in NASCAR come up driving on dirt tracks, road courses, and ovals. You can take Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordan and either one is more talented than any F1 driver. In fact Jeff Gordan did a "car swap" with Juan Pablo Montoya last year and made him look silly. There are only 2 road courses in NASCAR at the moment, but I think they are planning a 3rd in Mexico City. It's quite a sight seeing 3,000lb full body stock cars sliding through the turns :)

On Topic: I'm glad McLaren is doing well...Kimi and Team West are my by far my favorites. Glad they got rid of DC.

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

Not a fan of Ferrari so glad to see McLaren doing so well this year.  I wish there was better coverage in the U.S. with regards to F1.  I am a fan of CART/IRL/NASCAR, but F1 far and away has the best pool of talent.  They can actually turn left and right on the same course.

585957514[/snapback]

Speed channel airs the practices, qualifiers and the race. And I believe CBS or one of the broadcast networks is airing a few races this season too.

/\ Yea I think that you can also watch the races on Speed also...normally they start around 1am or so?

585958407[/snapback]

They play them live, so the time will vary has the season progresses through each time zone. There's also a repeat on Speed sometime during the day.

Kimi Raikkonen (unsure about the spelling) is the name of the guy, McLaren is the name of the team.

Good for Webber, 1st podium finish, about time too!

585956356[/snapback]

thanks dude for inform, I forget make mention to Kimi :( :pinch:

what a shame for kimi yesterday.. :( the suspension failed in the last lap.. mclaren gambled in not changing the tyre and lost. they should have pitted and at least got a few more points.

There is no way that F1 has a better pool of talent than NASCAR. The guys in NASCAR come up driving on dirt tracks, road courses, and ovals. You can take Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordan and either one is more talented than any F1 driver. In fact Jeff Gordan did a "car swap" with Juan Pablo Montoya last year and made him look silly. There are only 2 road courses in NASCAR at the moment, but I think they are planning a 3rd in Mexico City. It's quite a sight seeing 3,000lb full body stock cars sliding through the turns :)

On Topic: I'm glad McLaren is doing well...Kimi and Team West are my by far my favorites. Glad they got rid of DC.

585957951[/snapback]

IMO you simply cannot compare :rolleyes: A NASCAR driver will not do well on an F1 track and vice versa.

what a shame for kimi yesterday.. :( the suspension failed in the last lap.. mclaren gambled in not changing the tyre and lost.  they should have pitted and at least got a few more points.

585987669[/snapback]

and what caused the suspension failure, KIMI if he hadnt have flat spotted the tyre he would have been fine but no he pushed over his limit,

Mclaren got there just deserts

I think Kimi would still have gotten a podium finish had he pitted to fix the tire. I guess he went all or nothing but he just dug himself in a deeper hole while Alonso gained another 10pts and he finished with 0. It would have been amazing if he could keep up ahead of Alonso for 2more laps we would have had a very close finish.

anyways, lets get ready for the Montreal GP :):) can't wait!

oh!! poor Kimy is one good pilot and have one good car :( but all people's have problems unfortunately :(