Icemat SIBERIA Gaming Headset w/ Mic

Introduction:

The Icemat Siberia headset is the newest product in the Icemat Audio product-line and is designed for everyone who wishes to have prime quality in sound and voice-communication. The headset follows the high standard of Icemat products which are renowned worldwide for high quality and simple but classy design. Icemat Siberia is not like any other headset, it not only looks different, but it also fits any shape and size. The feedback so far has been great, and we are happy that the users feel that we have created a headset that is unique in both design and sound quality.

Due to the amount of positive feedback on the Icemat Siberia Headset and the overwhelming interest in the possibility of making a black version, Soft Trading has listened to the consumers and is proud to present the Icemat Black Siberia Multi Headset. Because of the success of the original Icemat Siberia Headset, Icemat Audio is ready with the black edition of our popular headset NOW. Same great performance and exceptional sound, same cool innovative design, but now coated in black gloss paint.

The icemat siberia has hit the online pro gaming scene with a storm. NIP wear it, Skol wish they could, most CAL/CEVO/CSGN clans want it, and I've finally used it.

Previous to the release of the siberias, the two competitors for the siberias were the Sennheiser PC150/155s, the Plantronics DSP-500, the Sennheiser HD series, and other brands of headphone. However, since the release of the siberia, more and more gamers and computer users have flocked to the headphones. I've been lucky enough to use both the black and the white pairs.

Packaging/ Design

The packaging for the Siberias is alright, nothing special to be honest.

However, when you pull the siberias out of the box, there is some jaw dropping in store. The first thing you'll notice is the ingenious design and the exceptional build quality.

The siberias come in both a single set. and a combo set. The combo set contains a USB sound card for those without a nice sound card. Personally, I have an audigy 2 ZS, so there were really no problems with the set without the sound card.

The headphones are open air, but they do a good enough job of stopping sound from getting in, and stopping sound from getting out. The ingenious headstrap fits all, though it slightly worries me that it could break.

The mic is detatched from the headset itself. The advantage of this is that : the mic can be used for stuff other than just talking, and the headphones can be used for something other than just gaming. However, the mic can clip onto the headphones which is cool, or onto your shirt or to your screen via the included screen bracket.

Performance/ Analysis

The siberias are infamous because they produce very good sound quality, an extremely rare case in terms of headsets. I tested these out using two scenarios:

MP3 Playback:

I played a 320Kbps MP3 in winamp with equalizer set to normal. The first thing I noticed was that the bass was very good, even though the range isn't so great stats wise. Being able to hear all the treble was great, and all the effects were very clear. A very nice experience. This beats even the sennheiser PC150s in this department, and this came to my surprise. Sennheiser are famous for their good sound quality. The DSP-500s also sounded tinny compared to this set.

Gaming:

In counter-strike, I noticed that weapon noises were more distinct and easier to track with the siberias, and that every step was audible and I could tell where people were easily. The sound quality, needless to say, was better than the sennheiser pc150s by a tad, and easily better than the dsp-500s.

In doom 3, the eery sound effects and the screaming came out a little worse than the Sennheiser PC150s. I think this is because the sennheisers are slightly muffled by the big ear cushions.

Recording:

Coming soon, I'll record stuff with all mics and you can decide.

However, the mic comes out best ^^.

Overall Rating : 10/10

This is a must have for all gamers.

I've used my friends extensively, and today I ordered a pair of my own (black, if you must know)

excelent review mate!!! i have 1 of these hedsets and its sooo good 4 games i can totally insult ppl when im sniping them in CS:S

586013468[/snapback]

you can do that with any headset. mate.

I've had this Headset for quite some time now and it's a 10/10 in my book too! (Y)

The Microphone is so good and crystal clear, you can hang it on your monitor ( Special Tape is included )

Hang it on your shirt or just lay it on the Table, The Headset and Microphone are on two seperate wires.

The durability is awsome, i dropped this so many times, stepped on them and run over the wire with my chair

with no effect at all ... Not like other headsets (DSP 500 Comes to mind ).

The Bass in Game, Music and Movies is nothing overwhelming, it's just perfect!

Icemat SEBERIA also fit VERY well on both small and big heads, you can actually wear it for ours, take it off

and get that "empty" feeling because it's so great to wear

Don't skip this Product, it's a sure winner (Y)

my PC150's mic broke so i got the icemats for $80AUS amazing price, i tryed the HD555's at a shop which where 220AUS (130 USD) very good but not as good as these. The mic is great very clear but place to put it IMO is the cord.

Great for MP3's, and Games like CS 1.6 (Built in Wallhacks)

Ive give this product 11/10, 11 for the amazing price.