Xteq Website gone!?

Originally posted by MxxCon

server problems is not exactly BPN worthy..

www.xsetup.net

Thats nice, but that is an unofficial page, and also it's the french version. And can you confirm its a server problem?

This may not have been BPN, but that is left up to the Mods.

i just got newest lockergnome daily and here's 1st paragraph

There's trouble in tweakville; X-Setup's official site is down for the count. Their Web host (Yahoo!) is apparently being non-responsive? >From CptSiskoX: "Yahoo! has some ridiculous policies in place. A while ago they had a Terms of Service agreement which claimed everything hosted on a Yahoo! site (GeoCities division especially) was property of Yahoo! and all creative works were relinquished to their ownership, etc. Public outrage surged against them and they backed down eventually. As I recall, it took them a few different tries to get the wording acceptable to the public. Yahoo! took serious public relations damage from that incident and several others, such as automatically signing all members up for spam and junk e-mail (unsolicited commercial bulk as we all know) and the user had the 'responsibility' to get off the spam lists by changing the preferences (again) even if they had previously said they did not want to receive the spam. Yahoo! has continued a pattern of blunders and has a real bone-headed approach to appeasing their users. It's exactly these type of idiotic, oppressive and offensive acts that cause people to leave companies for competitors." Some are going as far as to Boycott Yahoo! now. Yikes.

I think they've probably deleted their index.html (or eqivalent) or the entire site: the server is working to come up with that error page...

If anyone needs a copy of Xsetup 6.2 I've got one :)