Help resetting Cisco Soho 77 Adsl Router

I have this huge problems, at work I have a Cisco SOHO 77 Adsl Router, the guy who worked there before me put there a login and a password. Now he quit, without leaving the username and password for the router. I need to reconfigure it, so I looked in the manual, and it doesn't speak of an user name or password.

So, i think that should be a way to reset the bios to the deafaul settings, erasing all the configuration and let me enter without prompting for username and password. Unfortunatly all the efforts I've tried were hopeless, following the instructions I've found on the cisco website.

Is there anyone there that could help me?

Thanks a lot!

Hyperterm in with a serial connection. Restart the router. Before it loads there is an option to stop it and load a configuration. It happens really quick so dont stand to far from the computer hyperterming in. Now you need to reload the OS really. That will reset the password. Most of the time it resets the settings to.

That should work. Does for the PIX and high end routers.

Thanks Geronimo... but I've tried that already... I mean, I found the procedure to reset the modem... at the boot with hyperterm... but it don't work...

Do you happen to know the exact procedure?

Thanks....

Thanks man.... I'm gonna try this in a zip.... :D

Anyway, I was looking through the manuals i've found in the cisco box... and neither is mentioned the standard login username, seems just like that there isn't a default user name for the terminal login, is this right?

thanks again....