Venus Williams upset at French open by 15 year old

they are getting younger and younger in tennis and golf on the womens side. track and field also, an 13 year old just ran on TV in Carson, CA last week.

thats pretty pathetic losing to a 15 year old when your a professional like venus. if i were a pro footballer or basketballer and was out classed by a 15 year old and im in my mid 20's i would question what im even doing playing the sport

thats pretty pathetic losing to a 15 year old when your a professional like venus. if i were a pro footballer or basketballer and was out classed by a 15 year old and im in my mid 20's i would question what im even doing playing the sport

585981351[/snapback]

No, Sharapova is very talented. It isn't sad and admitting a defeat by a 15 year old would just say "Yes, I am old". I dont think it can go any further though.

The media do know how to pick the worst pictures of her though...

She isn't the next Kournikova in terms of fashion and looks, but who cares? Sport is sport.

Or maybe she was beaten because the 15 year old had less "Equipment" to carry.

She is 15? For some reason I find that hard to believe...

post-22586-1117282288.jpg

From the artcles I have seen it is pretty clear that Venus didn't get beat as much as she lost the match.

Karatantcheva later characterized the remark as a youthful indiscretion. She made no sassy predictions before playing Williams, and said she was surprised to win.

``She really didn't play her best tennis,'' Karatantcheva said. ``I definitely don't think it was the Venus Williams I watch on TV and I see when I started out. But for me, I did give what I could give. I like that I won, no matter what.''

Williams finished the seesaw match with nearly as many double faults as winners, seven to nine. She committed 52 unforced errors and lost all four service games in the final set.

She is 15?  For some reason I find that hard to believe...

post-22586-1117282288.jpg

From the artcles I have seen it is pretty clear that Venus didn't get beat as much as she lost the match.

585981534[/snapback]

she looks like something out of the Amityville Horror :huh:

Good.  I don't know why, but Venus Williams rubs me sooo wrong.  Like nails on the chalkboard.

585980528[/snapback]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeak.... :pinch:

I hate that

585981351[/snapback]

Well I'm surprised by that. Just tells me you haven't heard of Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Arjen Robben etc...

People that young can be extraordinary at football with incredible skill, pace, strength, and accuracy.

Back on the topic of tennis I was a bit surprised but sometimes these things happen. The Russian tennis youngsters train really hard nowadays and it does pay off like Maria Sharapova's victories

Sharapova is a tall hottie. Kornikova is a hottie. This chick isn't...

Anyways, age is the great equalizer for child protegies. Some young people peak a lot earlier than the rest. In your 20's though every one is on the same playing field.