[Soccer] Ashley Cole Tapping Up Fine - Fair?

Ashley Cole, Chelsea and Jose Mourinho have all been found guilty of "Tapping Up" and had rather large fines imposed.

Source

Is this fair, are the fines harsh enough?

Should appeals be allowed?

What do you think?

yeh he should be able to appeal only fair if he knows he wasnt in the wrong...but rules are there to abided by and unfort they did not...

yeh he should be able to appeal only fair if he knows he wasnt in the wrong...but rules are there to abided by and unfort they did not...

586000717[/snapback]

As far as i can se it, Ashley Cole attended a meeting with Jose Maurinho and Peter Kenyon as well as his agents - and of his own free will. I'm damn sure that he didn't think that they were going to talk about the flavour of scones at the ritz hotel.

Ashley is contracted to a club, he held illegal talks with another club, personally i cant see grounds for appeal here.....

ps...congrats to west ham, good luck with the big boys!

pffft ?300,000 fine, I bet Abramovich has lost more than that down the back of the sofa. IMO they (chelsea) should have a stronger fine (like take the title off them and award it to Man U:DD)

The fine should have been in the millions, just because chelsea have all that money it makes them think they can do whatever they want.

Plus Cole should have got a 3 match ban for his part.

What the FA needs to do is come down hard and maybe put a stop to this happening.

pffft ?300,000 fine, I bet Abramovich has lost more than that down the back of the sofa. IMO they (chelsea) should have a stronger fine (like take the title off them and award it to Man U:DD)

586001748[/snapback]

Nah, they should award the title to whoever came second (Ie. Arsenal:pp)

100% fair. The rules are the rules - he broke them - he pays.

Are the rules fair? 100% no - but he knew them before the event and so tough luck!

Chelsea now want the tapping up laws to change...so clubs can talk to clubs with players that have one year left on their contract...funny how they want that changed as adriano has one year left on his inter deal...lol

what happened wasnt fair at all because he didn't even know what was going on, his agent should be fined, which he can be by FIFA only.