i'm attcking myself?

i've been meaning to ask about this for a while, just keep forgetting.

here's my problem. black ice defender, seems to be working well. pinking up all the normal crap. but its also picking up a lot of attack that it says are from my machine.

lots of ftp command too long attacks, IDENTD invalid response, probes galore, and more. why would it being saying these are coming from my machine? is it normal?

Originally posted by twist  

i've been meaning to ask about this for a while, just keep forgetting.

here's my problem. black ice defender, seems to be working well. pinking up all the normal crap. but its also picking up a lot of attack that it says are from my machine.

lots of ftp command too long attacks,  IDENTD invalid response, probes galore, and more. why would it being saying these are coming from my machine? is it normal?

I think it catches those as spoofed IPs, not sure though.

ahh nm, according to the black ice docs, its happening cause i get a dynamic ip from my isp. doesn't much sense to me since you'd think it would accept that ip. but i'm not gonna add my ip and remove it each time i connect like they say, nice fix ;)

Originally posted by twist  

ahh nm, according to the black ice docs, its happening cause i get a dynamic ip from my isp. doesn't much sense to me since you'd think it would accept that ip. but i'm not gonna add my ip and remove it each time i connect like they say, nice fix ;)

If you have a constant host name try just adding that.