Surround Sound

Yamaha YHT-160......full quality yamaha receiver with decent yamaha speakers that can be upgraded in the future.

Yamaha YHT-160......full quality yamaha receiver with decent yamaha speakers that can be upgraded in the future.

586032708[/snapback]

i have a Yamaha HTR-5750 reciever and i would also recommend something from Yamaha...they make quality products.

at this price, you will need to check all-in-one system

look for panasonic, pioneer, sony or any of these cheap brand

586032455[/snapback]

this i know :p i also know bangbang works for best buy and also i know i dont know much so i wanted an opinion on the cheaper ones so i dont end up blowin money and regretting it :)

Edit http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/HTIB_160_2.htm looks good a little higher but o well :D

Edited by Aasum

my professor at miami does consulting for samsung consumer products... The HT-DS610 is actually a pretty decent deal, and one system he did tweak out. I installed this system for my aunt and was suprised at what could come out of a $250 box.

(if you are curious do a search for ken pohlman)

the yamaha stuff is good too. Really for $250 your options are very limited...

and just like women, eveyone's tastes are different. definatly try out several systems before you buy one...

my professor at miami does consulting for samsung consumer products... The HT-DS610 is actually a pretty decent deal, and one system he did tweak out. I installed this system for my aunt and was suprised at what could come out of a $250 box.

(if you are curious do a search for ken pohlman)

the yamaha stuff is good too. Really for $250 your options are very limited...

and just like women, eveyone's tastes are different. definatly try out several systems before you buy one...

586032845[/snapback]

I've heard both the Samsung and the Yamaha. The Samsung is a nice system, but the sound seems a bit flat to me. I do have a bias towards Yamaha, though, but even objectively looking at it, the 160 is just a pretty good deal. The fact that it's a full on receiver is a huge bonus. The receiver (5830) costs $200 stand alone as it is.