Do i HaVe A vIrUs!!!!!!! help! please!

hello,

i have Norton Internet security 2001 firewall set up..and like 4-5 times a day when im online.A Warning pops up an it says

"Attempt to connect to NetBus Trojan horse Blocked!"

what does this mean please..does it mean i have a trojan on my computer trying to connect with someone!!!! or is it someone trying to hack my system...please help!!!!!!!!

my internet connection is AOL!!!!!!! thank you for any help!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

sEaRcH MeSSaGebOaRd

whatever is the case, it seems like you don't have antivirus installed. any smart person will have one, and so should you.

which is best antivirus? best is the one that work best for you.

what's best for other people on this msgboard?

sEaRcH MeSSaGebOaRd

there is nothing to worry about.

it does that to me as well. you don't have a virus or trojan.

it's just that someone or something is trying to connect to you using that method (trojan).

i have not yet seen a connection attempt that hasn't been blocked.

go norton personal firewall! :D

eh maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let the entire internet know that you aren't familiar with what a virus is/does/where it comes from? You better get some anti-virus stuff fast! ASAP!

hello again/

i have Norton AntiVirus 2001, and its all updated and i ran a scan yesterday...and it was fine...but i have been getting those TROJAN alerts for along time..

im running that scan that you told me to fron symantecs website also just in case!!!!

thank you for your help!

Sounds like someone is scanning your ip to see if you have netbus running. Happens alot, usually in large groups. I.E. MSN Zone or other meeting area. Most likely they were not targeting you but you fell into the scan range.

Blah didnt see the AOL connection thing at bottom first. That is why you were probably targeted.

haha, grc...

haha,

you may have the Spastic.CapsLock.W32.B Virus

that is the funniest thing i've heard all day.

I hAtE wHeN pEoPlE tYpE lIkE tHiS!!!

Originally posted by sphere

You do NOT have a virus or a trojan

norton does this all the time. it's normal.

you don't necessarily have to be infected with anything.

Norton is just trying to tell you that somebody is trying to connect to you on the netbus port.

somebody is probally just scanning for vics... nothin really to worryr about.

actually nav doesnt detect netbus because it is a commerically available product (or was). i wrote an email to symantec before and thats what they told me.

NPF used to do the very same thing to me constantly. You can make it stop doing it by restricting the IP of the person who triggered the warning.

Double click on the NPF system tray icon------->go to Current Status under the Internet Status section and write down the IP of your most frequent attacker in notepad/wordad,etc. then clear the IP af all attackers---------->copy the IP from your text document---------->go to Internet Zone Control under the Personal Firewall section of NPF---->click on the restricted tab and click the add button----->leave individually dotted and paste the IP(press CTRL+V cause the right mouse button is disabled for NPF) and hit ok. You will never be bothered by that IP again.

Each time you get a new attack do the same thing. Eventually you will have the IP of everybody who tries to attack you(in my case it was only 5 different IP's) blocked and you will never be bothered again period. Ever since I've blocked all attackers IP's on my machine I have never been bothered with another attemted attack warning popup(and I've even re-installed Windows....so the restricted IP list is cleared). I think the people pulling the crap go the hint that my machine will reject them. ;P