Yeah, this is strange

running winME, the computer got to be pretty slow, so I installed FreeRAM to see what was going on and to see if maybe it just needed more than 256mb. It kept dropping down to 0mb available. So, I added 512mb more, totalling 768mb. It still gets slow showing a drop all the way to 0mb available. I installed a Task Manager program to see where the memory is going, and get this...it is showing that programs are only using about 125mb. It doesn't even show that all of the ram is being used, but the performance is acting like the ram is used. So is this a hardware issue? I tired removig the original ram, but the new 512mb still saw way too much being used according to Free RAM AND the performance level. I did a virus and spyware check using: NOD32, Trendmicro online scan, Panda online scan, Adaware, and Spybot. All they found were a few spyware programs, nothing major. Also, when I do a ctr alt del, I have disabled almost everything in msconfig, so there aint much running. What could be up?

Well ... If possible you could try using a better OS ...

Windows ME has been known to have a number of problems in it's system.

If your computer can handle it you may want to try upgrading to 2000 or XP.

yeah it was. Every computer i used to have used to do it - leave it on over night, by the morning there'd be 0kb free. upgrade to win2k or something.

This is probably due to one program conflicting with another, or the OS itself. In any case, you should probably upgrade to Win2k since you spent so much money on this RAM. WinME can't even utilize all that memory performance wise.