Houston RoadRunner News-Server

does anyone live in Houston and have RoadRunner Cable?

I have been having trouble with the news-server.. it does not download or if it does, it a pretty slow job :(

if someone can test and tell me if it work for them that would be great :)

Thanks in advance :D

Damn, must be a national thing. I've experienced some issues too, and I'm in New York. It either times out or the connection gets very slow. After about 5 minutes though, it goes back to normal. Must be the way you hit it I guess.

Originally posted by Kevin

Damn, must be a national thing. I've experienced some issues too, and I'm in New York. It either times out or the connection gets very slow. After about 5 minutes though, it goes back to normal. Must be the way you hit it I guess.

well its the same at yours for me.. but does not go back to normal :(

LOL @ Neo_Genesis

Status Date Time (CDT) Areas Affected Notes

Green 6/19/2002 9:31 PM None At this time the network is operating normally.

Status Date Opened Date Closed Areas Affected Notes

Closed 6/19/2002 4:08 PM 6/19/2002 4:51 PM ALL Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with DNS service in your area. Some customers may not be able to reach certain web pages at this time. Our engineers are working to quickly resolve the issue.

Closed 6/19/2002 1:18 PM 6/19/2002 1:38 PM ALL Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with the service in your area. Some customers in the Houston area(s) may experience a loss of connectivity, usually indicated by flashing modem lights. Our engineers are working to quickly resolve the issue.

Closed 6/18/2002 11:00 PM 6/19/2002 5:00 AM ALL Road Runner will be conducting Planned Maintenance on the DHCP servers on 6/13/2002 between 12:00:00 AM and 6:00:00 AM. Customers may not be able obtain a valid IP address and as a result will have no connection to the Internet during this maintenance window. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I use Road Runner is Houston and have NewsBin Pro configured to use these news servers:

news-server.houston.rr.com

news-server.satx.rr.com (San Antonio)

news-server.austin.rr.com

Good to know in case the Houston server does actually go down.

(BTW - you can AOL IM me at dredlok0069)