Tyson Quits Boxing

Mike's personality is certainly what has kept him around for this long. His last pre-fight conference was memorable in its own right. Mike was one of a kind and I'm just glad he is going to leave boxing before he really gets hurt.

The biggest bummer is that whenever there is a Tyson fight, we get a large thread. This fight was on PPV and most media writers hovered to watch the time bomb when there was a good free card on HBO's Boxing After Dark. Tyson was what Boxing was all about but hasnt been a boxer since 1990. Enjoyed the pugilist up until that point and respected him up until that point. Im glad to see him leave the sport but expect much more craziness in the news. The man is uneducated and boxing is all he will ever know or be able to do. He is quite financially drained and expect to see him in the ring at least a couple more times. He will have a new trainer, new team, but the same old body and broken mind. Mike Tyson is now a stepping stone and to B-class fighters at that. Truly a bummer to see one of the most explosive fighters with a good young career materialize into such a pity. I feel sorry for him but maybe this will teach us all to have a back up plan in life.

I'm glad. At his peak Tyson was an animal in a good sense - an unstoppable, powerful fighter.

But recently he has just been an animal, bringing nothing but controversy and shame to the game and his career!

Reading all the responses here gives me a new found respect for Lennox Lewis as he left on top and no one can ever take that away from him.

Reading all the responses here gives me a new found respect for Lennox Lewis as he left on top and no one can ever take that away from him.

586054682[/snapback]

Not only that, look at what the heavyweight division offers boxing fans right now.

Doesnt really matter to this fan though, I always liked the lower weight classes anyways. But, to draw others back to the sport, we do need a good heavyweight class because most occasional watchers like the big guys. History has proven.

Not only that, look at what the heavyweight division offers boxing fans right now.

Doesnt really matter to this fan though, I always liked the lower weight classes anyways. But, to draw others back to the sport, we do need a good heavyweight class because most occasional watchers like the big guys. History has proven.

586054731[/snapback]

'Tis a shame isn't it. I think two of the best boxers in the world right now are Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins. Too bad they can't be the face of boxing.

This sums up Mike Tyson for me..

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/3683138?GT1=6555

Cody

586056156[/snapback]

Meh. All that article is about is a journalist whining how Tyson tries too hard to entertain, for the most part. He was in his decline, and everyone knew it. To say Tyson is better at quitting than boxing is stupid... I don't care who you are, that's just stupid if you know anything about the sport.

At least, that's my opinion.

Yes, I dislike Tyson as much as anyone... but give credit where credit is due: he was one of the best in his prime and was a good boxer long after that, and still isn't a horrible boxer, although he's nowhere near as good as he once was.

McBride: Tyson bit me!

Mike Tyson-conqueror Kevin McBride has told the London tabloid The Sun that Iron Mike bit him during their fight last Saturday night in Washington. "He bit my nipple," McBride is quoted as saying. "I didn?t realize it at first but he had his teeth around it. I just felt a strange sensation and then realized what he?d done. He could not get up high enough to bite my ears ? good job he wasn?t a midget otherwise he would have bitten something else. He was also trying to bite the thumb of his glove in the ring and I just couldn?t work out what he was trying to achieve by that."

Tuesday, June 14 2005

As pulled from www.fightnews.com.

A young boy's parents were splitting up and he was going to live with his mom. "She beats me," said the boy. OK the judge said, you can live with your dad. "But he beats me too." So the judge asks, who do you want to live with son? "I want to live with Mike Tyson your honor." Why is that son? "Because, he can't beat me!"

As quoted from a caller that called into RingTalk radio.

I know, its a brutal joke. Even though Tyson hasnt been the fighter he used to be, I enjoyed his early career and still hold some respect for the pugilist.