What games will run on my old Pentium 3?

I just got an old system for cheap and I was wondering what games will run on this system.

Pentium 3 753Mhz

Intel 815 Motherboard

Voodoo 3 PCI 2000 16Mb

256 SDRAM

20 Gb of space

The system is running on Windows 2000, surprisingly very fast.

Any suggestions? Remember I'm running Windows 2000 so please no old dos games. I want more recent games. Thanks.

just do this... find the date at which the computer is made

That computer will then usually play every game that was made up until that time... and alittle bit after :yes:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein should play. I used to play it on my old Celeron 750Mhz and my Riva TNT 32mb. Dont know if the Vodoo can handle it though. Also GTA3 maybe? :rolleyes:

Counter-strike (1.6, not Source), HL1 and mods like Day of Defeat, Starcraft, Age of Mythology, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, etc.

Counter-strike (1.6, not Source), HL1 and mods like Day of Defeat, Starcraft, Age of Mythology, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, etc.

586058575[/snapback]

those games will run perfectly!

I have the system below ... which is app the same.

I run without any problems:

2002 Fifa World Cup

Need for Speed - Porche Unleashed (5)

The Sims :shifty:

Need for Speed Underground 1 (minimum gfx)

... just so you'll have an idea.

on 128MB of Ram ... but 64MB GFX card, not 16MB :unsure:

age of empires games, doom 1,2, duke nukem, cs 1.6!!!!!!!! Thats teh most important one. Old quake and unreal games. Lots of good ones.

My friend has a very similar PC to yours.He got a GeForce FX 5200 for like $ 60-70 and he can play plenty of the newer games like Max Payne 2, Legacy Of Kain: Defiance, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Tropico 2, ANNO 1503, Warcraft III Reign Of Chaos and The Frozen Throne ... etc.

Inversting 60 bucks in a new graphics card pays off.

Civilization 3 is pretty fun. And it will run fine on that system.

You know what else is fun: Kawaks. The arcade street fighter series is killer, and it runs very well on old computer hardware. Just get two gamepads, some beers and friends, you can be set for hours ;)

-nic

wolfenstein enemy territory might work, my old computer was about the same processor speed though it had considerably more ram. and it somehow managed to run ut2k4 and call of duty, though with that ram and graphics card you probably wouldn't ahve the same luck

i definitly recomend starcraft and warcraft 2.

I think I'm going to pick up Serious Sam & Deus Ex, haven't passed these games yet. Can anyone suggest any good Strategy or RTS Games? I already have Starcraft, Warcraft 2/3.

Then you already have the best of them. The Red Alert series is pretty good. You've also got the Age Of Empires series, and the Civilization series.

Edit: I also recommend Deus Ex. It's one of the most amazing games ever created for the PC.

Yeah I love the C&C series, used to play the original multiplayer on westwood. AoE is good too, haven't really played Civilization III yet. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Any idea if SiN is any good? I remember it was out about the same time as Half-Life. I can't seem to find Trespasser in any stores, I had the demo once and was amazed of the physics in the game.

i used to have a p3 600mhz and gforce 2 and these games ran without problems

need for speed hot pursuit 2

nba live 2003

all fifa games

madden 2003

max payne

castle wolfenstein

unreal

warcraft 3

worms world party

many more that i cant think of right now

wolfenstein enemy territory might work, my old computer was about the same processor speed though it had considerably more ram. and it somehow managed to run ut2k4 and call of duty, though with that ram and graphics card you probably wouldn't ahve the same luck

i definitly recomend starcraft and warcraft 2.

586061785[/snapback]

ET stuggles on my gf2 mx (not 400) at 800x600. Espesaly on the map where you have to constuct the gun controls and build that assult ramp, so i dont think it will play. Dont voodoo's only support 16 bit color? :no:

ET stuggles on my gf2 mx (not 400) at 800x600. Espesaly on the map where you have to constuct the gun controls and build that assult ramp, so i dont think it will play. Dont voodoo's only support 16 bit color?  :no:

586063175[/snapback]

I'm running Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast with no problems.

800x600, Med details, 16 bit

90 fps (max) in closed areas, 50 fps in open areas

I tried high settings, 32 bit color and higher resolution and got about 35-40 fps.

ET is Team Arena engine which is a little more powerful then Quake3 engine but I'm sure it will still run fine.

I could even run Doom3 and Half-Life2 if I really wanted it to, it would like crap but it's possible to play it with some editing.