AOL & DSL? A Poor Pairing. HELP!

Hopefully someone out there can help me out with this.

Okay I have AOL DSL. Before I continue, know that I HAVE TO have aol for my work (I work for united airlines, and cannot access the United employee services without aol dsl). Anyway what I would like to do is use a wireless router to split the dsl service in my household to the two computers we own. However, according to some sites I am reading on the internet this is not possible, due to AOL using a proprietary PPPOE connection.

I called AOL to ask them about using a router. The lady told me, she cant tell me anything about how to get that going, but I pulled it out of her, that is can and has been done. Any ideas on how to do this. The main reason that I need aol is so I can connect to the employee system here:http://airline.compuserve.com/ual/launch_ip2.asp, which requires a valid united employee's aol id to login (not just any old aol id works). I would prefer to keep the aol dsl service, and not have to switch carriers, and then also have a basic aol acct (bring your own connection).

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I am thoroughly frustrated, and at a dead end with this one. Thanks a bunch!