There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

  • Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Battlefield 2 Connection Problem


 Share

Recommended Posts

I just tried to login a few minutes ago and i got a message something similar to "you have failed to connect to the sever" has anyone else been having this problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No that's something completely unrelated Solidfist. JackM make sure you have all the ports needed open. Is it still acting up because it could just be GameSpys servers clogged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No that's something completely unrelated Solidfist. JackM make sure you have all the ports needed open. Is it still acting up because it could just be GameSpys servers clogged.

586067478[/snapback]

God...why does everyone say "make sure u have all the ports needed open" and no one ever says which ports!!!

Can someone finally explain which ports need to be open for this freaking game.

Sorry im just really angry right now.. i had to spend 50 freakin bucks on a DVD rom cause BF2 wasnt recognized on my previous DVDROM...could have saved 30 on newegg...rediculous! :angry: :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude Battlefield 2 has SEVERE Connection problems. I try to join any game and 99% are full while the other 1% I just get booted back to game lists. I will try to uninstall BF2 and then that doesn't work correctly. My specs on computer are top of the line. This is only place I can rant about **** POOR Programming outside of BF2 game engine. **** POOR. VERY DISSAPPOINTED. want to play NOW and it has reverted to gay play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

God...why does everyone say "make sure u have all the ports needed open" and no one ever says which ports!!!

Can someone finally explain which ports need to be open for this freaking game.

Sorry im just really angry right now.. i had to spend 50 freakin bucks on a DVD rom cause BF2 wasnt recognized on my previous DVDROM...could have saved 30 on newegg...rediculous! :angry:  :angry:

586106355[/snapback]

I believe the instruction manual has a chart as to which ports you need to have open. I don't have my manual handy or else I would list them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Nitrolene Posted Jun 23 2005, 10:53

Dude Battlefield 2 has SEVERE Connection problems. I try to join any game and 99% are full while the other 1% I just get booted back to game lists. I will try to uninstall BF2 and then that doesn't work correctly. My specs on computer are top of the line. This is only place I can rant about **** POOR Programming outside of BF2 game engine. **** POOR. VERY DISSAPPOINTED. want to play NOW and it has reverted to gay play.

I HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM! THE GAME WORKED FINE THE FIRST DAY I BOUGHT IT, AND TODAY IT WONT LET ME JOIN ANY SERVER. IT JUST KEEPS SENDING ME BACK TO THE SERVER MENU SCREEN. I PLAY ONLINE GAMES ALL THE TIME AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS DOING THIS. IT ALSO WILL NOT LET ME UNINSTALL. WHEN I SELECT UNINSTAL, AND SELECT BATTLEFIELD 2 IT STARTS THE UNISTAL WIZARD, THEN IT DISAPPEARS.

BRIEF RUNDOWN OF MY SYSTEM

1 GIG RAM

AMD 64 2.2 GHZ

AIT ALL IN WONDER 9800 VID CARD

200 GIG HARD DRIVE

SOME PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I get -- The Server has refused your connection -- when I try to create an account or just register the software package.

At first, I thought... I'm just lame... so I tried the following:

1. Disabled Worm Protection and Autoprotect from Norton Antivirus.

**Didn't work**

2. So I made sure Zone Alarm was not on as well

**Didn't work**

3. I thought... maybe I need to register with GameSpy first. So I got an

account. But still can't connect, I should have figured this.

**Didn't work**

4. I said what the hell.. and I unplugged my router and refreshed my

cable modem and kept everything off making my machine completely

naked... and connected directly to the modem, just in case it was my

router. **Didn't work**

5. I looked on Windows XP Home Edition and made sure that the firewall

was disabled **Didn't work**

6. Someone then told me about msconfig, so I ran that and disabled all

programs that were enabled for startup thinking that, hey maybe it's

a software conflict. **Didn't work"

7. I haven't tried calling Oceanic Cable yet... to see if they are closing off

any ports... but I figured I'd do that last after talking to ea support.

8. I plan to call sometime tomorrow, but if anyone has experienced the same

problem and has a cool solution, please email me.

P.S. I did go out and purchase the 50+ dollar version of the game, thinking that

the multiplayer didn't connect in demo... What a loser I am....

Anyway, any help would greatly be appreciated. For me, I live for multiplayer internet action... the game is good enough for single player... but ...Aaarrgh!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well wat do u expect EA made the game nuff said i get connection problems on mi filter i click populated and not full and what do i get emty servers and full ones and join an emtry one b4 and it say cant join server is full EA sucks donkey balls they sucked with generals and now suck with this i think some other comaney need to buy erm out completely or make a law where games need to be fully tested and completly made BF2 shouda been beta tested ****es me off wen i paid ?32.99 for this game full price EA MUST DIE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ea this ea that, FFS at least thank the people that put in the effort to make this quality game. if you cant do anything like this **** OFF.

adressed to tronix, 19 posts. 80% of which are complaining about somthing.

kool tho u could download a keygen like me free

and to think your complaining about somthing YOU DIDINT EVEN BUY. :angry: :crazy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

BATTLEFIELD 2 CONNECTION PROBLEM

I just called the EA headquarters in Redwood City California and was told that the problem is GTA IV, go figure. GameSpy manages both BF2 and GTA IV online play and I think it's no surprise this has happened since GTA IV has to my knowledge broke all the previous sales records. And has multiplayer.

Let's hope EA and GameSpy manage to solve this problem as soon as possible. The estimate was about a week, but it may still take longer. Thumbs up for EA and GameSpy, nobody could predict this.

whoops, old post, same problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just got banned on boards.ie for posting the previous message on both neowin.net and boards.ie. But anyone who seeks information on recent connection problems with BF2, GameSpy indeed seems to be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.