"/" Root partition

i have created a seperate partition to dual boot fedora core 4 with....when i install it says i need to select a "/" root partition...now whats that mean and how can i use the partition i specially made for it with partition magic?

If you have PM, than create two partitions !

1 is for root, which "/" & choose ext3

2 is for swap partition, equal to your Ram!

Don't make the root partition with external tools.

The Fedora installer will make your Linux partitions as part of the install process.

the partition you created would be your rot partition i would assume. I am not sure about Anaconda install system, but try poking around for an automated install on the partition you created.

i have created a seperate partition to dual boot fedora core 4 with....when i install it says i need to select a "/" root partition...now whats that mean and how can i use the partition i specially made for it with partition magic?

586067976[/snapback]

You should let linux create the partitions as Mark said - just use partition magic to resize your current partition(s) so there's some unpartitioned space, and the installer will be able to set up partitions in there.

You might be able to use the partition you made in partition magic for linux, see if you can recognize which it is in the list of available partitions (if there is one, never installed Fedora Core so I don't know what the installer works like).

Fedora Partitioner sucks why cause it always yells at me it the only partition that yelled at me :angry:

586068310[/snapback]

Err, what? A partition yelled at you? And this is somehow related to fedora?

I am greatly confused...

^^ I am guessing that the Fedora partitioner complained that there was only one Linux partition available, when it wants to set up at least TWO (one for root, and one for swap). By default, the Fedora installer likes to set up a small /boot, as well.