[Cricket] Australia lose again, rocked by Somerset

Wouldn't exactly say it's a pathetic performance 342 isn't pathetic for 50 overs. Somerset have got some good batsmen and I don't think it matters as much to Australia as it does to Somerset, it's only a practice match.

Australia I guarantee will be a different side when the Ashes start. It's the Aussies they have rules cricket for a long time I don't think these 2 performances will change that.

Did you actually bother to read the scorecard?

Ponting and Hayden both retired to let others bat, hayden had 76 off 53 balls. If they had stayed in who knows what would have happened.

And then there is the fact that Smith and Jayasuriya were the ones who did most of the damage, a world class opening pair.

The game was basically to get the batsman some time at the crease.

As the saying goes, "Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

Did you actually bother to read the scorecard?

586075535[/snapback]

Aw, dont get upset. :D

Ponting and Hayden both retired to let others bat, hayden had 76 off 53 balls. If they had stayed in who knows what would have happened.

586075535[/snapback]

If wishes were horses ... :sleep:

And then there is the fact that Smith and Jayasuriya were the ones who did most of the damage, a world class opening pair.

586075535[/snapback]

Nice excuses. There were 11 world class players in Australia and yet they lost. All their top bowlers were playing and yet Somerset chased down 345 with outmost ease.

As the saying goes, "Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

586075535[/snapback]

Class is also temporary, just like all world class teams. As the saying goes, "The only way to go from top is down". :whistle: