[?] Mac Mini Memory

Hi there,

Firtst of all, this is my first post from my Mac Mini. I have to say 12 hours on and i'm loving it.

The only thing is I could do with more memory (i bought it with 256Mb), Now I know it takes PC2700 DDR333 but can it use any memory of this type (ie the ones i have in my pc) and is the just one slot for the memory?

cheers

the memory it uses is the same as a standard desktop (dimm DDR module) not a laptop (so-dimm ddr). you can use DDR 400 for it and it'll still work. there's only one slot so you have to take out the 256 to replace it with a 512 or 1gb module.

cool, I think i'll give it a go this weekend. It looks like the only damage will be inside the case rather than on the outside, I can live with that.

Thanks for the links m8

My Mac Mini came with a 256MB DDR400 and I replaced it with a 512MB DDR400 without any problems at all. The hardest part was getting the unit open.

That's a shame.

Yah, I took forever opening my mac mini because wasn't sure how to open it even after all the videos.. oh, then closing it.. that was another thing.. seesh.

Good luck,

-lieb39