[wip] Modern Industria

well, only now i realized that with 50/50 it should be pretty hard to obtain the glassy look like you had on the light version.

anyway a couple sugestions...

- make two "borders" like on the attached pic.

- make the skin in different colors like the first blue one in this [preview]

what do you think?

586173649[/snapback]

hey thats from my screenshot :D . i dont think you should release it since its been planned for a release for a long time and its not your original idea and whatnot but i guess you'll have to talk the original author of Moderna and this version (theDeviL) who is waiting to get his laptop back from his sister from a long trip to release it. his site is www.devilstation.com

Edited by kidrocky7

kidrocky7: it's been like 6 months since that skin has been around and still nothing, besides Plastique has made the graphics in the skin from scratch, why woul he need permission? it's not a rip and it's not even the exact same.

every luna mod author out there would have to get permission from M$, that would be funny.

keep up the great work Plastique!

hey thats from my screenshot  :D . i dont think you should release it since its been planned for a release for a long time and its not your original idea and whatnot but i guess you'll have to talk  the original author of Moderna and this version (theDeviL) who is waiting to get his laptop back from his sister from a long trip to release it. his site is www.devilstation.com

586197147[/snapback]

The guy had plenty of time to release it, and besides, I'm not even claiming that the idea is moine. In the concept is someone elses and I just made it because I wanted to because people here wanted it.

And besides, if you want to worry about copyright and such, feel free to head over to the wallpaper section and start reporting about 99% of the threads there.

kidrocky7: it's been like 6 months since that skin has been around and still nothing, besides Plastique has made the graphics in the skin from scratch, why woul he need permission? it's not a rip and it's not even the exact same.

every luna mod author out there would have to get permission from M$, that would be funny.

keep up the great work Plastique!

586197893[/snapback]

Apollo, no offense but first off, the skin is much older than 6 months... and second there's absolutly nothing original on that skin (aside from the rounder edges), the skins name is Moderna, the substyle is Industria. I know because I created it.

I have no problem with people butchering and/or modifying the skin to their liking, *or even releasing it for that matter, as long as I am informed and credited.

Plastique has made a slight modificatin to which some users here can oviously appeal to, and what the hell, if its good let everyone enjoy it. just don't try to pass it off as your own.

I have my reasons for taking so long to release, that all i can say for myself.

The guy had plenty of time to release it, and besides, I'm not even claiming that the idea is moine. In the concept is someone elses and I just made it because I wanted to because people here wanted it.

And besides, if you want to worry about copyright and such, feel free to head over to the wallpaper section and start reporting about 99% of the threads there.

586197893[/snapback]

Dude, don't be offended by my response or kid's concern for that matter, it's simply that when I shared this skin to a select few, I didn't anticipate for it to get out before my release. I like what you've done, I think it's cool just, at the very least credit the skins true name. you don't have to say "theDeviL's Moderna" just say "Moderna" by some dude I don't know.

As for my time, well, I happen to run a company, and I use to do this on my spare time, I just haven't had the time to spare.

- tD

Edited by theDeviL_neo

the only reason I called it what I did was because that's what it was called in teh preview. I was going to call it "modern" no matter what because it had the same opacity and such that the moderna skins have, and industria was just for the first reason above. I'll gladly stick your name in a readme, as I never planned on taking any sort of credit for this skin (again I say check the readme, I flat out say the icons are Beginnings and the idea for this skin was not mine).

Next release expect your name in the readme no worries :)

and for the record, I never meant to mena that if you don't put out a skin in X days/weeks/whatever than that lets people have free reign to rip it if they want, I was just stating that it was promised and it wasn't delivered so I took matters into my own hands (like hte luna mods in the VS section and whatnot).

the only reason I called it what I did was because that's what it was called in teh preview.  I was going to call it "modern" no matter what because it had the same opacity and such that the moderna skins have, and industria was just for the first reason above.  I'll gladly stick your name in a readme, as I never planned on taking any sort of credit for this skin (again I say check the readme, I flat out say the icons are Beginnings and the idea for this skin was not mine).

Next release expect your name in the readme no worries :)

and for the record, I never meant to mena that if you don't put out a skin in X days/weeks/whatever than that lets people have free reign to rip it if they want, I was just stating that it was promised and it wasn't delivered so I took matters into my own hands (like hte luna mods in the VS section and whatnot).

586199005[/snapback]

no misunderstandings here, :) it's a great mod, I know people will enjoy!

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice update Plastique! (Y)

I think you should give it a go for the look in this post here

586234081[/snapback]

yea that's kinda what i was going for and it didn't work out so well, but i'll try to get it fixed next, whenever I get around to doing that :p

added a shadow thingy for the light version only. To use take the files from this zip and place them in the "light" folders. Included is a folder called "shadowless" which has the origional BG's if you don't like how the shadow looks.

shadow.png

Light.zip

thnx. and btw, if anyone doesn't like any part, plz let me know. I don't just want pats on the back, I want (more) suggestions on how to improve it :p

im not sure about the squared version. i think this one is just perfect for it. the only problem for me would be the font for the dates. might be a size too small here but otherwise outstanding job plastique (Y)

the fonts for the dates were copied (ripped) from the origional modern, thats why they are the size they are.

I don't think I will continue to work on the 50/50 or dark version simply because I don't see them used, nor do i have the desire to do everything 3 times. As I said before, though, since none of this is really "mine", and if you get the OK from theDevil_neo I'll be more than happy to e-mail the psd's for any/all versions. The only thing I ask for is a link back to this thread in a readme if you decide to relase it so that people can know that you are modding my mod of theDevils' :p