[56K] Sony Network Walkman HD One

Excellent review (Y)

But as someone who recently discovered the horrors of SonicStage (my roommate bought a Network 1GB), I can honestly say that I will never buy a Sony MP3 Player.

Why would you get that over an iPod?

586812315[/snapback]

Well believe it or not there are more MP3 players out there other than iPods...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review. The pictures were quite enjoyable.

I am interested in whether or not you went back for a replacement to get proper battery life. If it really does last 30 hours (or close to it) I might consider getting that rather than an iPod.

I had a Sony Net MD walkman 3 or so years ago and I loved it except for the song transferring part. I totally know what you mean when you say Sonic Stage is a bitch. Made my computer crash all the time. *sigh*. Are the features good enough that it's possible to put up with the software?

It's lack of MP3 and other formats is what turned me off when I was considering it, it was a bit of a gamble if I was going to get MP3 or not, and it doesn't even support WMA if I wanted to get my music legitimately. Since I was considering it, I am now apart of a Sony boycott (because of Rootkit), so I don't think that I would consider it again until Sony clean up their act in other departments, and add support for various formats in the NW-HD1.

You should of returned your unit to Sony for the Blemishes, and then they might of sent you an MP3-enabled one back.

But it does look daaamn sexy though!!

I refunded it about 2 weeks after purchase.

I told them that I wanted a replacement, preferably an HD3 or HD5, but they said that it would take a long time, as they would have to contact sony about it. So I just walked out of the place with my money, and still have not bought a replacement.

Im considering getting a nano and a new phone.