[MLB] Phillies 10000th LOSS!

On Saturday, June 25th, 2005 the Philadelphia Phillies reach a milestone no other sports franchise can boast, 10000 losses!

The Philadelphia Phillies are the absolute most losingest franchise in sports history.

most losingest? Seems as though grammar teachers fail just as much as the Phillies do.

586140405[/snapback]

That could be interpreted (by some) as an inflammatory post mr s-mod :p . Not by me :innocent: but maybe someone else.

That could be interpreted (by some) as an inflammatory post by a mod :p . But not meeeeeee :innocent:

586140444[/snapback]

Lol, I just couldn't resist it. Mrs. Maute would kill me if I didn't say something lol. No offense meant to Tokar, just had to make a little comment about it. Living in Philly, I think he suffers enough without having to worry about my comments haha.

I believe they lost at the hands of my Red Sox. ;) What was it, 12-8? or was it that blowout? Anyways I know we sweeped em.

586141328[/snapback]

I think that answers the question. And it was 7-1 Sox.

Yea I don't think this is true. I read the Philadelphia Inquirer everyday, a local suburbs paper, watch Philadelphia news, and listen to sports radio WIP. They definitely would have posted it in the sports section or mentioned it on TV. It would be so sweet if it turns out being true, it would just prove the fact that we are the greatest cursed sports city doomed to never win a championship again! Although the Phantoms did win the Calder Cup....

@bangbang023: Lol, I don't think anyone in Philly suffers because of the sports teams, the majority of us are used to it by now. We have excepted the fact that the sports teams always make it to the finals and then lose it big time and go out in a flamming wreck of glory.

Edited by jmole

dont look at me...the radio stations say that..."most losingest"

586143882[/snapback]

Well if the 10,000th losing game is coming up I would like to attend and get some sort of comemorative t-shirt.

Keep in mind, the Phillies have been around forever, and they have played over 140 games/year (I know it/s 162 nowadays, but I didn't think they played that many a long time ago) So 10k isn't that hard to fathom.