Microosft Update Shortcut?

Hi all,

I know it's kinda stupid, but I need someone to post the ".lnk" file, or the path, to the "Microsoft Update" shortcut found in the top of start menu, bceause I deleted it and can't get it back, I know the URL, I just want the shortcut with icon etc.

Thanks!

Thanks but I didn't mean that :( I mean the actual shortcut, with the icon, do u know the path of the icon at least?

I've got this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll,LaunchMUSite

Icon is here:

%SystemRoot%\system32\muweb.dll

Chillbo

The shortcut itself points to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll,LaunchMUSite

The icon for it i presume is in muweb.dll.

Thanks cdrw (Welcome to Neowin (Y) ) & charleyjr for help, but what you provided is for "Windows Update", not for the new "Microsoft Update", even the icon :(

I know I'm bening silly, but hope someone with the mentioned shortcut can help.

What's Microsoft Update? Never heard of that actually (then again I am mainly an Apple user). I thought you were asking for WU like everybody else? Maybe it's an extra thing with AntiSpyware or some new addition to XP I don't know about?

Thanks Chillbo & I8PP! That did the trick! (Y)

Huy > Microsoft Update is like a new version of Windows Update, it checks for Windows Updates, Drivers, etc + MS Offie updates as well, new interface etc :)

Thank you all!

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I know it's kinda stupid, but I need someone to post the ".lnk" file, or the path, to the "Microsoft Update" shortcut found in the top of start menu, bceause I deleted it and can't get it back, I know the URL, I just want the shortcut with icon etc.

Thanks!

Try this "%SystemRoot%\system32\wupdmgr.exe"