Well, I have ?1600 to spend on a nice new desktop PC (I live in the UK, of course).

I want a really nice gaming rig, that's fairly future proof in terms of next-generation games (and prices seem to have fallen, I was surprised at the spec I can get for that amount).

So far, the best deal I've found is from MESH, for ?1603 including the delivery and VAT.

Case: Micro ATX Mini-Tower with tool free access

Operating System: Microsoft? Windows? XP Home Edition

Motherboard Features: ASUS A8NE-FM Mainboard - DDR400, LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA, PCIEX16

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX 55 (939PIN)

Memory: 1024MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz

Hard Drives: 300GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive

Video Card: 256MB nVIDIA 7800 GTX - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express

Monitor 1: 19'' TFT Flat Panel Monitor - DVI & Analogue

Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW

Sound: Creative Soundblaster AUDIGY 2 ZS

Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Rechargable Mouse

Can anyone find anything better elsewhere? This seems pretty good value to me.

(Also, if anyone knows, how would Battlefield 2 play on the aforementioned spec?)

Yea, Build your own, you'd have more money to spend on stuff. Also, if you do buy from a company, buy MESH. Trust me, their PCs are great, customer support lacks but apart from that they make amazing PCs :)

Both Mesh and Evesham are pretty good deals but I'd do it myself although today you probably won't save a huge amount by doing it this way.

try evesham

their axis series is affordable performance goodie.

586157949[/snapback]

No i live in the UK, and i bought a Evesham laptop last summer, i have had nothing but trouble from it, replacement part to replacement part. Their Tech Support is terrible and general customer support is terrible: an example of what i had:

I rang the support because my battery failed and stopeed working about 1 month after buying it, the first support person told me i would have to buy a new 1 from them for ?98.00 , the second time i rang they said they would do it for free.

The same thing happened when my HDD failed about 3 weeks ago.

They use the worst couriers also, they use Amtrak which is another useless company.

2 months after i purchased my laptop, the Cd Drive broke, they wanted THE WHOLE laptop back, after they fixed and then LOST IT.

I got my dad to pressure them to give me a new one for free with Higher specs, which they did but it took alot of phone calls.

Be warned, DO NOT buy from this company (Evesham)

Not the best setup for your money but if your going 7800GTX and FX-55 defently get rid of that motherboard and go for the best performance motherboard on the market espically for gaming purposes which would be the DFI NF4 Lanparty SLI-DR.

^True. Also, make sure you get good RAM: you don't want that kind of system with generic/Value RAM...Look for OCZ Platinum/VX or COrsair XMS :D

If that computer was 1600 euros I'd buy it. 1600 pounds are probably the same for you so yeah, go for it! :p

586158218[/snapback]

1600 pounds is 2366.49 euros.

I had no idea that the motherboard and RAM manufacturer was so important...but I really don't want to build this computer myself. So if one of you guys had the same money, what would you be able to build (just tell me what you'd improve over the setup MESH offer). Thing is, I'm very happy with my current MESH computer, had no problems whatsoever, and I feel secure in buying from them.